Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Jeremy Wariner run indoors?

I don't recall him ever running indoors as a pro? Did he run indoors as collegian? Anybody have an idea why he shuns the indoor circuit? :?:

The obvious answer (to me) would be that winter is still heavy base work and trying to negotiate the tighter indoor turns are not in his long-range best interest. I am, however, a little surprised that the money angle didn't get him over to Europe on one of their banked tracks, just for a little fun and $$$.

Comment

Not in the basic Clyde Hart training philosophy? (for his pros)

No Sanya Richards either this year, and back in '95 when Michael Johnson set the indoor WR in the 400 he skipped the World Indoor the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        I guess not in JW's new coach's philosophy either.

Comment

Many top high-paid runners do not run indoors. they don't have anything to prove and don't need to worry about making the money, so they can focus on the outdoor season (trials, nationals, world champs, Olympics).

Think about how many people are missing from indoors. This has become the trend over the last several years. It used to not be this way. But athletes are being paid much more money now than they were then.

All the tracks are different indoors, unless you are running the flat races (60, 60 hurdles). Thank goodnes they don't run on wood anymore.

Comment

His legs are too long.
            Take good care of yourself.

Comment

A big factor is no matter what kind of training you are doing, once a sprinter starts running meets the body starts ticking towards a peak. The later you start racing the later the body tops out for that season. For pros aiming for late summer best performances indoor is counter-productive.
              https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Exactly.
                Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
                  Exactly.
                  Not the whole answer for JW, as he ran down in OZ.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                    Exactly.
                    Once. Big difference from running a several race indoor "season".
                    https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                      Exactly.
                      Not disputing your point, but didn't he race both a 200 and a 400 in Aus?

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                        Originally posted by guru
                        Exactly.
                        Not disputing your point, but didn't he race both a 200 and a 400 in Aus?
                        I don't really believe the ticking clock theory, because so many people have done indoors and outdoors successfully. Another puzzlement to me is the fact that he did Oz for (probably?) little money compared to a 'big' indoor Euro meet, which he could have won being in the exact same 'shape' he was in, in Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                          Originally posted by gh
                          I guess not in JW's new coach's philosophy either.
                          Note that I didn't say "Clyde Hart's," possessive. I said "basic Clyde Hart," which is what his longtime assistant (and now Wariner's coach) uses.

Comment

were we not given the answer to this a while back by Hart himself, they dont race indoors because the risk of injury from a herd of converging long sprinters is too great... remember no full race lane assignments indoors at 400m.
                            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Re: Why doesn't Jeremy Wariner run indoors?

He won the 2004 NCAA indoor in 45.39 and ran on the winning 4x400m relay.
                              In 2003, he was 7th indoors.

Originally posted by Track fan
                              I don't recall him ever running indoors as a pro? Did he run indoors as collegian? Anybody have an idea why he shuns the indoor circuit? :?:

Comment

Working...
                              X