Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Message Board Question- Legal Eagles please reply

If a questionable person like M. Lewis posts an opinion about supplements and state that it is a fact, is the T&F News message board liable. IE: M.Lewis stating herbal medical advice without any MD knowlege. This causes a death from a uninformed T&F News board reader.

Re: Legal Message Board Question- Legal Eagles please reply

My finely-honed crap detector tells me a certain crybaby has changed their login. marknhj I think you were quite prescient.

Comment

>If a questionable person like M. Lewis posts an opinion about supplements and state that it is a fact, is the T&F News message board liable.<

How can a message board, which is not a legal entity, be held liable for a post?

The idea is preposterous.

Comment

Just asking a legal question. This is a reponse to a recent law suit to another message board. The issue is, "can you say anything you want about anyone or anything without liability. " Tabloids are tested with this question all the time in the US courts.

Comment

"If a questionable person like M. Lewis posts an opinion about supplements and state that it is a fact, is the T&F News message board liable. IE: M.Lewis stating herbal medical advice without any MD knowlege. This causes a death from a uninformed T&F News board reader."

How clever. Post it AFTER midnight and you don't have to compete with Saddam for world's biggest, most desperate, pathetic asshole of 2003. Pretty confident, aren't you, that Osama won't get bagged this year. By the way, I haven't said anything this blunt before on this board, but you are a piece of work in a class nearly unrivalled, ie., you are pushing the limits of probability to not be THE MOST laughably brainless wonder to have incarnated on Earth in the last 9800 years.

Comment

How clever. Post it AFTER midnight
            >and you don't have to compete with Saddam for world's biggest, most desperate,
            >pathetic asshole of 2003. Pretty confident, aren't you, that Osama won't get
            >bagged this year. By the way, I haven't said anything this blunt before on
            >this board, but you are a piece of work in a class nearly unrivalled, ie., you
            >are pushing the limits of probability to not be THE MOST laughably brainless
            >wonder to have incarnated on Earth in the last 9800 years.

I do not believe this response would be acceptable in a court of Law.

Comment

>My finely-honed crap detector tells me a certain crybaby has changed their
              >login. marknhj I think you were quite prescient.

I would have guessed U of C as well. Michael...nice response regarding logging in after midnight!

Comment

"I do not believe this response would be acceptable in a court of Law."

Why don't you learn to differentiate between your anus and a pothole, before considering avenues of higher education?

Comment

Ben, check the IP address. I am asking a legal question on an
                  open message board. If my IP match's "U of C" , please delete my post Ben.

Comment

Why don't you learn to differentiate between your anus and a pothole,
                    >before considering avenues of higher education?

I have differentiated, my anus and a pothole smell better than your breath .

Comment

If my IP match's "U of C" , please delete my post Ben.

Now that you know the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground, click below to learn about IP addresses.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... sage=31071

Fans of X-Men !!!! Remember X-Men 2 where Halle Berry is about to fry the toad, he's hissing "Don't you people ever die" and she goes "Do you know what happens to a toad when it is struck by lightning? Same thing that happens to everything else."

You go girl!

Comment

Jeez, Michael, you promised not to go postal this year. Just walk up that little hill over there. See that path across the way? It's called the High Road. The view is much nicer over there.
                        He baits you. You take the bait. He wins.

Comment

I read these boards all the time and I'm just wondering the ages of you guys who post on here. I'm guessing that most of you are not high school age, but how much older are you guys? Are you guys athletes or coaches? Did you guys compete a long time ago?

Some of the names like michael lewis and law dude are on many of the posts. how old are you guys?

Comment

"Jeez, Michael, you promised not to go postal this year. Just walk up that little hill over there. See that path across the way? It's called the High Road. The view is much nicer over there.
                            He baits you. You take the bait. He wins."

Tafnut, tsk tsk. No apologies here, I have been posting here and there and no, he/she/whatever ain't winning squat. I just happen to have this rare disorder where I occasionally amuse myself when total fools give me a chance to type something that makes me piss myself laughing. I prefer this to reading much of the news. In between, I have been over to a friend's place, tuned up 2 computers, gone for coffee and found that the corner store closed early on January 1 and my cat must wait til tomorrow for treats. My blood pressure has not been affected.

Comment

>I read these boards all the time and I'm just wondering the ages of you guys
                              >who post on here. I'm guessing that most of you are not high school age, but
                              >how much older are you guys? Are you guys athletes or coaches? Did you guys
                              >compete a long time ago?

Some of the names like michael lewis and law dude
                              >are on many of the posts. how old are you guys?

M. Lewis must be a high school kid based on his language. Back to the original post. Does this web site hold any liability to the content? Can you bash elites or pretend to have medical knowledge when you don't?

Comment

Working...
                              X