Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hypothetical Kluft

I want this girl to do the longjump. She could be the future of this event and win gold medal.

If she stay with the heptathlon then maybe she do a world record here too I do not know. She seems very fast which you need to be but I think she could make some improvement in the longjump on her run-up. Also she is a bit flat in the air so I think she needs more here.

Maybe she get the heptahlon record next year I do not know but do not forget our Prokhorova. She is training well and I think she can medal. One of my friends in Russia say she will get silver and she will go over 6800.

Comment

Yelena, nice to get some international flavor here, your comments are interesting and informative.

Speaking of Long Jumpers that are also Heptathletes, what do you think of Barber ?

Comment

"I want this girl to do the longjump. She could be the future of this event and win gold medal."

I agree. Already Kluft has superior vertical jumping ability and as much speed as JJK had in her first 3 heptathlon WRs. In those records (2 in 86 and 1 in 87) JJK had HJ marks of 1.88, 1.88, and 1.90. Her 200s were 22.85, 22.95 and 23.00. By then Jackie had already been a long jumper for several years, including the 84 Olympics. Last year Carolina jumped 1.94 and ran 22.98 in Paris.
        I predict she will get faster, and when she learns to LJ better, I think she will break the WR in the LJ too.

Comment

I dont know much about heptathlon event but Barber is good. Her longjump is not so good though! I think here she can make improvement. She is very dynamic? and strong but technique not so good really. But this is to late for her to be as good as 7.2 she will stay at this level.
          Kluft is much better technique and I look to her for future if she chose to do this. As this man says she is fast and so much talent.

Comment

Working...
          X