Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oly Trials Tidbits

1. The bleachers at the south end of the finish line are going up and I do mean up. They are tall!

2. "Using innovative mapping technology, the University of Oregon Infographics Lab has produced a video mock-up of Eugene 08. The “fly over” model gives the viewer a bird’s eye view of Hayward Field and a model of the Eugene 08 Festival."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_B2JXm ... re=related

3. A new bistro opened 2 weeks ago 2 doors down from 19th St. Brew Pub. It's called Agate Alley. We ate there 2 nights ago and the food is good. Much better than 19th St. A step up from the usual bar food.

Re: Oly Trials Tidbits

Originally posted by trig
    The “fly over” model gives the viewer a bird’s eye view of Hayward Field and a model of the Eugene 08 Festival.
    Wicked cool - I almost wet myself in anticipation. :shock:

Comment

Where will the DT and HT be held? It doesn't seem that they've provided for them to be held on the infield. (I don't remember ever seeing a hammer on the infield there.)

Comment

The HT will not be on the infield. You are correct, it never is. It will be in the usual field just south of the track. However they will throw from the opposite side. I'm pretty sure that the DT will be inside the track. It always is.

Comment

I didn't notice a discus ring on that video mock-up. I might have just missed it.

Comment

The discus ring is the little dark spot just beyond the shot landing area on the right as the video opens.

Comment

1. The bleachers at the south end of the finish line are going up and I do mean up. They are tall!
              You've got that right! - better not have acrophobia. :lol:

The Hammer throw cage has been relocated from the north-west to the south- east on the field south of Hayward. What a beautiful new cage- now called "The Lance Deal Cage" - quite appropriate. 8) One can now SEE the throws launched from the new cage while sitting in the higher west grandstand seats. The temporary bleachers will probably obscure the view for the Olympic trials though.
              An unintended? advantage of the new Cage location is one can loiter on the sidewalk along Agate Street - without paying a ticket :lol: - and get a GREAT view of the Hammer competition.

Comment

The discus ring is the little dark spot just beyond the shot landing area on the right as the video opens.
                OK. I see it. Good.

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoregon
                  An unintended? advantage of the new Cage location is one can loiter on the sidewalk along Agate Street - without paying a ticket :lol: - and get a GREAT view of the Hammer competition.
                  They are going to cover the fences.

Comment

Spoilsports!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoregon
                      With Nike ads?

Comment

[quoter]With Nike ads?[/quote]

No, with scrim with the Eugene 08, USATF, and Olympic logos.

Comment

Working...
                        X