Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Alan Webb up to?---[BLAM!} Aggghhh!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Alan Webb up to?---[BLAM!} Aggghhh!

...*

Re: What's Alan Webb up to?---[BLAM!} Aggghhh!

As I've said on other threads, he and Gabe look good for the gold and silver medals in the Athens 1500.

Comment

OK everyone, get out the Uzzis. This horror has to stop.

Comment

...good for the 1500 (before Jesus-Christ) Athens games if they did exist.

Comment

Hey this guy sounds like a poster on Letsrun.com.
          Wait until Webb starts running the mile again before we start making predictions.

Comment

He just ran 6x800 in 1:48 with 30 seconds rest in between, then cooled down with a 10 mile tempo run in 48 minutes...

Comment

>He just ran 6x800 in 1:48 with 30 seconds rest in between, then cooled down with a 10 mile tempo run in 48 minutes...<

Yeah, but you know what Gabe just did? :-)

Comment

I heard that Gabe recently ran 20 quarters in 47 seconds apiece with 100m rest in between.

Comment

Dan, you blooming idiot - you started it this time! Now we have to have the mandatory 100-post thread. Die, thread, die.

Comment

I'm not sure what he's up to in general, but I can tell that last Friday 2-Jan he was doing a workout on the Oakton HS track here in NoVA. I usually swing by there during my runs and was surprised to see two obviously gifted athletes warming up on the track. When i got closer, I realized that the guy in the Nike gear with the Michigan hat was none other than Alan. I didn't recognize his training partner. I hovered for a bit and watched them run some tempo stuff. It was pretty cool to see someone of that ability tear it up on my home turf.

Comment

He trains with Richard Smith alot (high school teammate and a pretty talented 400-800 guy himself).

Somewhat surprised to hear he was wearing a Michigan hat, given his brief and painful tenure there.

Comment

Dictionary.com: Satire

4 entries found for satire.
                        sat·ire ( P ) Pronunciation Key (str)
                        n.

1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

2. The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.

3. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

Alan Webb threads ad nauseum.
                        Hence, the [BLAM!] gunshot and off-screen "death" scream of the poster beginning the thread.

Geeez!

Comment

Yes, and isn't it 'ironic' that you STARTED a thread that seems to bemoan the very thing you just did?!

Comment

Your attempt at satire by starting a new A.W. thread shows how much you actually miss the topic. You have taken a passive-aggressive (or maybe aggressive-passive)approach to expressive your interest.

Obviously there is no new pertinent information. We have a very good up-to-date account from T&FN. Alan is healthy, fit and training well. He may run one or two more XC races (including short course Nationals)before hitting the track. From the interview, he is seeminly very upbeat and positive.

Comment

>Yes, and isn't it 'ironic' that you STARTED a thread that seems to bemoan the
                              >very thing you just did?!

That's the idea, you twit!
                              My God, you and this Cyril person are morons.

Comment

Working...
                              X