Your Future Vacations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Future Vacations

Note that the "Calendar" link on the home page now has an updated schedule of major-major sports happenings (nearly all track, of course, but slides in a few major things like Winter Olympics, Soccer World Cup, that affect track scheduling) as known for the next half-dozen years or so. (Amendments gladly welcomed)

Re: Your Future Vacations

from calendar:
    "6--Golden League; Zürich, Switzerland
    13–29——Olympic Games; Athens, Greece (track 8/20–29)"

Much as I'd love to see the Olympics, the Weltklasse, with everything all together will be the meet of the year. Anyone need an entourage hanger-on? I'm cheap and I'm easy to maintain.

Comment

Actually, Z will not be the meet of the year. There will be significant numbers of stars who skip/play it cool because of proximity to the Games. It's Brussels, 5 days after the Games end, that will be the killer this time around. They'll probably have every medalist in every event they stage.

Comment

If the mens and womens shot put is moved to the 18th, then competition doesn't begin on the 20th, (as the calendar currently states) it will begin on the 18th. Then there is a "rest day!!"

Comment

Working...
        X