Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Warning

In the June issue of T&FN, in a reply to a letter to the editor, I quote the following:

"Having been recently stunned by the discovery that the world is round [a reader had complained that the world map seen behind gh in his column photo is grossly out of date], we've done away with maps. We've become fascinated with globes and in the next column he'll appear naked holding one over his head."
    I'm no prude, but you guys can go ahead and suspend my subscription for the month! :shock:

And to think I was about to re-up after being a prodigal son for the last few years. Thanks for the heads up :P
    https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

gh can occasionally be cranky and cantankerous (I would know). But he puts out a good magazine. I'm wondering why you have your issue there in, um, Euphoria Falls, NC, while we in the Land of Hooah! (also NC) do not.

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
        gh can occasionally be cranky and cantankerous (I would know). But he puts out a good magazine. I'm wondering why you have your issue there in, um, Euphoria Falls, NC, while we in the Land of Hooah! (also NC) do not.
        Because everything is always wonderful in Euphoria Falls, NC, which is probably why they won't even deliver that issue here!

Comment

The tough part will be figuring out which one is the globe and which one is gh!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            The tough part will be figuring out which one is the globe and which one is gh!
            Hm-m-m-m. . . . Let's see. . . . :idea: I got it.

The one with the big peninsula must be . . . .

Comment

Mail delay

George P wrote, "I'm wondering why you have your [June 2008 T&FN] issue there in, um, Euphoria Falls, NC, while we in . . . (also NC) do not."
              --------
              We have not received the June 2008 T&F News in Knoxville, Tennessee, as of May 27 afternoon.

Comment

Least there be confusion on the point -- I pay for 1st class delivery, and I still (as of 27 May) haven't received my issue. :x

Comment

Least there be confusion on the point -- I pay for 1st class delivery, and I still (as of 27 May) haven't received my issue. :x
                  My Firstclass got to NYC on 27 May,
                  Tom Hyland:
                  "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

I still (as of 27 May) haven't received my issue.
                    What can I say, gh likes me best! :roll: 8) :wink: :twisted: :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      I still (as of 27 May) haven't received my issue.
                      What can I say, gh likes me best! :roll: 8) :wink: :twisted: :shock:
                      I suspected as much. :evil:

Comment

Another daily mail delivery -- another day in the coastal Carolina boondocks without my T&FN. urrgghh :evil:

Comment

Just so you don't feel bad, George, I pay for AIR MAIL & just got the MAY edition LAST WEEK. I have Canadian snail mail to tolerate!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrome Dome
                            Just so you don't feel bad, George, I pay for AIR MAIL & just got the MAY edition LAST WEEK. I have Canadian snail mail to tolerate!
                            I can imagine! I subscribe to five pubs from "overseas": four British and one Australian. Well, when you do that you might as well forget about any "time-sensitive" information, no matter how much "postage" you pay.

Comment

These days we are lucky with the net, of course, to be able to keep current!

And E Track is perfect to get info on a timely basis, and is aimed at the sophisticated fan!

There was a time when I had to go to the library to get meet results from the NY Times, and that was all one living here could do.

Comment

Working...
                              X