Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3000Steeplechase training advice, do you compete in it

Dear TFN Members

I was wondering if any of you do the 3000m steeplechase and what are your personal bests also if there are any fans that like this event and would like to talk more about it.
    I most of all would like any Coach Athlete or anyone else who is willing and able to offer me training advice I am currently training by my self as no actuall training is offered by my club, I am currently doing the cross countrys to help me pick up my stamina and endurance levels but when it comes to actually training drills and other training forms I have no idea but to look on the internet which as all sorts of stuff on offer which is ever so confusing I am a 9.50 Steepler but I would like to run ever to close to 9.30 or 9.20 come the Summer Season I would how ever would like to go Sub 9 minutes by the beginning of 2005 If there is any advice on offer I would be more than happy to hear it.
    I thank you very much In advanced and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
    A H Khadra

Re: 3000Steeplechase training advice, do you compete in it

there ya go malmo - from the ground up

Comment

Easy recipe, me thinks:

Train as though you were training for a 2 mile race, but do your intervals over the hurdles and water jump...

Comment

LEARN to swim!

Comment

LEARN to swim!

Comment

One thing to discribe this, its bloody disgrasfull and very sad, I mean one person trys to start a civil topic and you bunch of cowboys want to make fun of him I think you should be ashmed of yourself and also you bring this excellent Sport of Athletics into distribute which is wrong.

Comment

LEARN BACKSTROKE!

Comment

Just like my mom used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say about something, don't say anything at all".

So, to now contradict what mom used to tell me:

wsatch: Grow up or SHUT UP!

Comment

I don't know if this is a possibility or not, but if you can you should join a different track club that has a steeple coach who can work with you on a day-to-day basis.

You'll only get so far training on your own with advice from posters on this message board. You need a professional with you every day who can monitor your training and work with you to help you improve.

If you're goal is to drop from 9:50 to under 9:00, you have alot of work to do, and you should not undertake this task by yourself.

Comment

At University of Oregon the steeplers would train for the 3000 meter distance nearly all of the time (no barriers). For three or four workouts a month they would run a distance workout over hurdles & water jump.

One specific hurdles workout they did was 3 x 1200 with laps one and three over barriers (in lane two) and lap two on the flat in lane one.

As previous poster said, getting an coach with steeple experience would be good. Or if you are lucky enough to hook up with someone else training for the steeple, that would help.

Comment

SATCH is so sorry I WILL reform and sit in back of the bus.

Comment

Dear Josh and No Name

I thank you for the word of wisdom and Advice very much appreciated Thanks.
                        Stach dont worry about a Thing mate No hard feelings, I hope to continue to communicate with the whole lot of you some more in the future and I hope to from you very soon.

Kind regards
                        A H Khadra

Comment

Working...
                        X