Who does Michael Johnson think he is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does Michael Johnson think he is?

In the past year or so I've heard MJ say that some field events should be eliminated and that Maurice Greene's career is over.

WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS???

MJ thinks that just because he ran fast people are going to care what he thinks about track. Sorry for ya MJ, but you are a moron!!! Get off your high horse!!! MOVE ON!!!

Re: Who does Michael Johnson think he is?

>WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS???

Your not alone in thinking that. He was the one that hooked me on athletics, but if you have to say things like field events need ot be eliminated , you're being an idiot. I don't like watching the 10 000m, but I do appreciate the effort the athletes put into training for the event and the tactics they use. Everyone is different, we have different passions, if the event in common doesn't have anything to do with you, don't speak out against it, period. However there are still heaps of uneducated people out there who think hammer is dangerous...

Comment

Re: Above answer is great but,

the sprint events surely need to be eliminated due to the THG scandals. A black eye for the sport. Anyhow,there is nothing more annoying than waiting 10 minutes for a race to start due to false starts and these wimps raising their hands as a "I am not comfortable sign". Although Marion Jones claimes it is awesome since it supposedly builds anticipation, the rest of us in the European track circuit feel that you sprinters act like primadonnas.

Without drugs it seems they are running right over 10.0 sec. Additionally, there is German research out there stating that elite throwers are in general faster than sprinters the first 30 meters (Bartonietz et al.). Sprints are also the least technical events in track and field along with the distance events. Not so interesting or impressive anymore is it?

As for MJ, well, he needs to take his stuck up attitude (he is a freakin' egotistic snob for sure, he even denied a 4-year old kid in awe of him and with pleading eyes tapping him on his legs an autograph his last season). The kid started crying and Michael told him to f&%¤ off and leave him alone! Perhaps because I beat him that race although I am a longjumper.

I think I am going to raise my hand when my time is up next year at the Olympics during the finals of the longjump and basically beg the officials to give me another try. And then when they are not giving me one more attempt, I will lay on the ground and scream
      "I DID NOT MOVE!!!!!, BUT I DID NOT MOVE".

Comment

Comment

Michael wants to be the only “star” and is obviously biased against anyone that threatens to take the sprinting spotlight away from him .. He has been biased against Greene since he emerged in ’97 (when a coming back from injury MJ was in the NBC booth) and has been putting him down throughout his career – not just recently … Greene took the spotlight from him and forced him to have to share it .. He didn’t like Carl and put Carl down cause Carl had what he wanted .. Johnson is overly critical of anyone who begins to show promise .. Not the attitude that I prefer to listen to when watching a track meet .. His days are gone and he should leave them, and his personal biases out of the booth … Then we would be left with his “analysis” and would find out how much he truly knows about the sport aside from his personal ramblings …

Comment

Anyhow,there is nothing more annoying than waiting 10
            >minutes for a race to start due to false starts and these wimps raising their
            >hands as a "I am not comfortable sign". Although Marion Jones claimes it is
            >awesome since it supposedly builds anticipation, the rest of us in the European
            >track circuit feel that you sprinters act like primadonnas.

first of all...put the blame where it belongs...with the STARTERS..

I think I am going to raise my hand when my time is up
            >next year at the Olympics during the finals of the longjump and basically beg
            >the officials to give me another try. And then when they are not giving me one
            >more attempt, I will lay on the ground and scream
            "I DID NOT MOVE!!!!!, BUT
            >I DID NOT MOVE".

and secondly...enjoy ALL YOUR tries in the lj...i think you should just get one...and if you happen to foul, out you go...tough luck......
            did you ever see jon's legal .130 start graph????

Comment

if he's going to be badmouthing anybody it should be the promoters of the sport, not the athletes or there events!!!!

Comment

Personally, I'm in favor of re-naming the sport, FIELD & track, as the FIELD EVENTS are far more fun to watch and participate in. Any dummy can move their legs on a track. FIELD events is a thinking man's sport!

Just my humble opinion

Kurt

Comment

"MJ thinks that just because he ran fast people are going to care what he thinks about track."

There's just no fooling you, is there?

Comment

"the sprint events surely need to be eliminated due to the THG scandals. A black eye for the sport"

So... you are saying that Kevin Toth and the other TH(G)rower were in the process making the transition to sprints? Why would they go from "clean" events to "dirty"?

Comment

>Personally, I'm in favor of re-naming the sport, FIELD & track, as the FIELD EVENTS are far more fun to watch and participate in. Any dummy can move their legs on a track. FIELD events is a thinking man's sport!

Just my humble opinion

See thats why they're called the technical events.

>>the sprint events surely need to be eliminated due to the THG scandals. A black eye for the sport"

So... you are saying that Kevin Toth and the other TH(G)rower were in the process making the transition to sprints? Why would they go from "clean" events to "dirty"?

He's pulling your leg mate, don't get worked up. At least when Toth came on tv here in New Zealand they called him a discus thrower even though they showed him putting, however the sprinters got all the bad coverage.

Comment

Field events have already been eliminated. Scheduling throwing a day before the GP final, taking shot P off the main stadium for the Olympics. Most fans agree with this and the throwers have too accept it . Its that or nothing. I don't see any international outrage about it either. The people/public don't care. For all the throwers who will post saying "its important" , "its the history of track" . Don't bring your tears to me , tell your sad stories to the TV people, which I'm sure will fall on death ears. MJ is an X elite, he is not your next baby sitter. If he does not fit your expectations, then his expectations for you are probly, you have a dead end job, your old, you have no say in international Athletics , and you don't have a basket full of gold medals.

Comment

"As for MJ, well, he needs to take his stuck up attitude (he is a freakin' egotistic snob for sure, he even denied a 4-year old kid in awe of him and with pleading eyes tapping him on his legs an autograph his last season). The kid started crying and Michael told him to f&%¤ off and leave him alone! Perhaps because I beat him that race although I am a longjumper. "

I would do things different. First I would tell the parent to f*#k off , then I would tell the kid to f*#k off. I wouldn't have any time for some twitchy little brat , and help some sad sack parent who doesn't know how to look after kids. MJ did the right thing.

Comment

Michael Johnson may have WRs and gold medals,but I'm of the opinion that he has never done "anything" to help the sport. What do I mean by that? I've witnessed him on several occasions (Goodwill Games in Oz, Stockholm's GP track meet and at other meets & championships) literally push young kids away when they asked for an autograph. I can understand if there are 50 kids chasing you or that an athlete who is about to compete needs to focus, but after the race or when there is plenty of time before an event, as for example with the Goldwill Games, which I'll bring up in a sec, I don't see any reason why at least young kids can't be given a little attention/time...Almost forgot the time in Rieti, Italy when MJ had "bodyguards" keep the kids away from "pestering" him. Hopefully some young track fan had the chance to yell out, "MJ! Vaffanculo!".

Back to the Goodwill Games example: I was standing on the warmup track and it was about two hours before MJ's event, and a "lone" kid of 6-8 years old, came up and asked for an autograph. MJ literally motioned the kid away with his hand and said, "Sorry,gotta prepare for my race". But what was he doing? Nothing...Just standing on the infield and wasn't even close to warming up.
                            How much effort would it have taken to sign the kid's program?...He already had the pen ready for crying out load.

Yeah, thanks for helping our sport and building that fan-base.

MJ, great athlete, but one heck of a poor person.

Glad he's off the track and off the circuit.

Oh, and what about him having learned his running style from watching horses??? Try jacka----.

Comment

Big deal, Ray Lewis of the NFL was charged with murder and aquitted, Kobe and his raping. The public can handle that. NBC wants winners on there crew, that is why he is on TV and you are in a basement on a Saturday night. Your the loser.

Comment

Working...
                              X