Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info. on EPO

Does anybody have info. on websites that I can find data concerning EPO? I'm writing a paper on drug performance in sports and I have found a ton of info. on steroids, where to buy them, how much etc. but I can't find a thing on EPO. Any websites, dealers etc. that you could provide would be a great help and would save my lazy ass a great deal of time.

Re: info. on EPO

thanks for all your wonderful help

Comment

well, despite your rather snippy attitude, I googled 'Erythropoietin athletics' and got many pertinent hits. Here's another guy's paper:

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/drafts/Erythropoietin.doc

Comment

>thanks for all your wonderful help

2 thoughts:
        1. Traffic isn't as high on weekends(I don't think).
        2. The thread topic appeared as if it were a statement rather than a question. That may have reduced the number of eyeballs.

Comment

>thanks for all your wonderful help

Ditto above...
          I read a huge article posted on letsrun last week about some bloke that tried everything out there, EPO, steroids, HGH, etc., as an experiment. It has loads of interesting info including what the stuff is and how it works. Usually I'd add the link but due to the above stroppy comment you can go and find it yourself.

Comment

The PDR would be a nice place to start...

Comment

Hello There

If you contact the world Anti doping agency they would usually give you a host of information about all aspect of doping including that of UPO, You can find them on

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/t1.asp

I hope you find it usual And good luck with your research.

Kind regards
              A H Khadra

Comment

Ditto above...
                I read a huge article
                >posted on letsrun last week about some bloke that tried everything out there,
                >EPO, steroids, HGH, etc., as an experiment. It has loads of interesting info
                >including what the stuff is and how it works. Usually I'd add the link but due
                >to the above stroppy comment you can go and find it yourself.

Didn't the author of that article take a wide range of stuff nearly simultaneously, thereby making direct correlation between effects and a specific drug rather difficult?

Comment

>Didn't the author of that article take a
                  >wide range of stuff nearly simultaneously, thereby making direct correlation
                  >between effects and a specific drug rather difficult?

The thread:

http://trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/discus ... sage=24574

More specifically this:

http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywor ... est_1.html

Comment

<Didn't the author of that article take a wide range of stuff nearly simultaneously, thereby making direct correlation between effects and a specific drug rather difficult?>

Yes, for the reasons you mention (and a few others, the details of which I don't remember), it was totally useless.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

><Didn't the author take a wide range simultaneously, thereby making direct correlation difficult?>

Yes, for the reasons you mention (and a few
                      >others, the details of which I don't remember), it was totally useless.

think again kids, the single greatest drug was the EPO. Of course i won't use names but there is an example of a highlevel athlete who tried this at the 4000IU/3xweekly level (the article author did 1500IU/3xweekly) and went to just over 60 percent, yes, 60% in just 4 weeks. that is fu#@ing insane folks, opened my eyes to just how powerful this drug is. think about how much faster you can run if you boost your h/crit by 15+ points!! again, you won't get any names, so don't ask. however, i can say (for fairly certain) that the said athlete does not use anymore, as it scared them too much. basically, if there are things more powerful than epo out there then we're all in trouble.

Comment

think again kids, the single greatest drug was the EPO. Of
                        >course i won't use names but there is an example of a highlevel athlete who
                        >tried this at the 4000IU/3xweekly level (the article author did
                        >1500IU/3xweekly) and went to just over 60 percent, yes, 60% in just 4 weeks.
                        >that is fu#@ing insane folks, opened my eyes to just how powerful this drug is.
                        >think about how much faster you can run if you boost your h/crit by 15+
                        >points!! again, you won't get any names, so don't ask. however, i can say (for
                        >fairly certain) that the said athlete does not use anymore, as it scared them
                        >too much. basically, if there are things more powerful than epo out there then
                        >we're all in trouble.

"Think again kids"? No one said EPO or whatever other drugs don't have a performance enhancing effect (hence why they are banned), but rather pointed out that you can't make any kind of scientific conclusions based on the experiment described in the linked article because the author took a whole pile of stuff at basically one time.

And since we're on the topic of scientific validity, doesn't the same drug have different impacts on different individuals? Wouldn't that make your unsubstantiated anecdotal account of an unamed high level athlete also relatively meaningless with regards to quantitative performance enhancement?

Comment

If you're talking about "scientific" being EXACTLY how much a drug increases a particular physiological number, i suppose you're right. however, with both this case and the article guy, the greatest improvment they had was with EPO, not anything else.
                          as far as performance, yes, the athletes performance did go through the roof, at least temporarily, though of course it wil stay "unsubstantiated" as otherwise it would be somewhat obvious who it was (not to track fans but related endurance sport fans).

obviously none of this can be published but, the point i'm trying to make is, the other drugs are next to useless when compared to epo. of course they're not "useless", but might as well be compared to the cost/benefit/risk equation.

"Think again kids"? No one said EPO or whatever other drugs
                          >don't have a performance enhancing effect (hence why they are banned), but
                          >rather pointed out that you can't make any kind of scientific conclusions based
                          >on the experiment described in the linked article because the author took a
                          >whole pile of stuff at basically one time.

And since we're on the topic of
                          >scientific validity, doesn't the same drug have different impacts on different
                          >individuals? Wouldn't that make your unsubstantiated anecdotal account of an
                          >unamed high level athlete also relatively meaningless with regards to
                          >quantitative performance enhancement?

Comment

obviously none of this can
                            >be published but, the point i'm trying to make is, the other drugs are next to
                            >useless when compared to epo. of course they're not "useless", but might as
                            >well be compared to the cost/benefit/risk equation.

Again, re-iterating my point, you have no solid ground for your claim that "the other drugs are next to useless when compared to epo" just because someone you supposedly know dramatically raised their hemocrit levels with it. And that's not even considering the different purposes of the varying drugs (HGH does not attempt to do what EPO does, for example).

Comment

When guys are combining this ( http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=200 ... /sep13news ) many drugs who knows what is working and what isn't. Not that EPO doesn't work but when you see a list like that you gotta think that either these guys know exactly what they're doing or they have no regard for their health.

Comment

Working...
                              X