Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scholarship Questions( any Help appreciated thanks)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholarship Questions( any Help appreciated thanks)

Dear all

I was wondering if any of you can give me information regarding scholarships, I would like to know where I can find a list of all The Universitys who are looking to recruit.
    I was told that there is a list that is released every year at this time for Universitys to register thier interest in recruiting Athletes for a Particular Event, I would also like to know what is the process for an athlete to actually contact The coaches of Universitys and send them athletics resumes.
    I am hoping to be competing for The republic of Lebanon very soon at the End of Febuary at the Asian Cross country champs and then at the the World Student Cross country champs, I am currently Living and studying in London england and I have done so for the past 7 years, I am a British National as well as being a Lebanese National, I would really like to Attend a university in the USA to further develop my Athletics Career in preparation for the 2005 World Athletics Championships, I hope someone can help me out and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
    A H Khadra

Re: Scholarship Questions( any Help appreciated thanks)

"I was told that there is a list that is released every year at this time for Universitys to register thier interest in recruiting Athletes for a Particular Event,"

I've never heard of such a thing. The best method is to contact individual institutions and let them know you have an interest in their program. There is a book that lists all the programs and how many scholarships they offer - at least there was in 2000 - but its title escapes me now. Good luck.

Comment

Dear TnfNut

Thank you very much for the Information I will get on the case straight away, I am not sure I will find this Book you are talking about by looking at the internet and Perhaps if you so remember its name then please tell me it, I thank you for clarifying the issue about the List, I guess I di not understand what My cousin what saying and assumed he was talking about a list rather than that Book.

Kind regards
      A H Khadra

Comment

why did my first post in this thread get deleted? for some reason, this guy likes to go to different athletic forums and pretend that he's a great athlete. check out his thread in this cycling forum. http://www.cyclingforums.com/t1331-15-1.html
        apparently he runs a pretty mean 5k - maybe as fast as 17 minutes when he gets in peak shape. he also runs the 10k and 400. but i think he'd be best suited for the pole vault. he probably could be an olympian in any event, because he's a very hard worker and is psychologically tougher than anyone on the planet.

Comment

On the Cycling message board he says that he just ran a 5k in 21:52. Certainly sounds to me like he's headed for Athens.

Comment

keep reading that thread from the cycling forum. it gets funny when they find out he's a fake.

Comment

That is too funny...I've been reading his posts on iaaf (he's all over it) for ages and thought he was a little strange. This pretty much confirms it! Did you see his marriage proposal?

Comment

>keep reading that thread from the cycling forum. it gets funny when they find
                >out he's a fake.

Google his name or email address and you'll find he's also pursuing his experience of writing plays and hoping to jump to movies, is mainly a steeplechaser hoping to get under 2 minutes for 800, to say nothing of his semi-professional cyclist status within months of taking up the sport while still a junior.

I'm impressed with his range of 10.75 for the 100 through a 14:50 5km and even a 1:15:12 half marathon on 2 months of 3 - 5 miles/day.

I'd take him properly trained over Ritz or Webb or Gabe and maybe even Jon Gill any day.

Comment

If all this is true, TIME TO ERASE ALL OF THIS ONE, BEN !!!

Comment

REALLY, he isn't a fake!

And if you believe those times he ran, then I can tell you that Evelyn Ashford is planning a comeback in the women's steeplechase and may double-up with the triple jump.

Comment

OK...just googled (dogpiled actually) him name and email address. Do you think he's nuts, simple minded or just taking the p***? I vote for #1. I wonder, with his athletic prowess plus great acting ability, if he made it into that upcoming 4 minute mile movie?

AHK...if you're reading this come to LA and I'll introduce you to an old PV college team mate who was the executive producer of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. He can teach you PV-ing between tales...

Comment

Here he is!

http://www.faceparty.com/ultmate-athlete

Our multi-talented visitor's website for picking up women! He appears to be taken seriously at iaaf.org, wonder if any of them are reading this?
                        I vote for keeping this thread up, the cyclists posts are the second funniest behind the toe guy on letsrun...(nice to know that other sports message boards are similar to ours)

Comment

Dear all

If you beleive what you read everyday you must be your the one who must be nuts.
                          I wrote what I wrote on the cycling forum as a experiment to see how elitest that sport was, and Obviously reading what I rewad I hear I have attracted 9 pages of responce which beyong my wildest dreams I shall Offer the conclusion of my report which I intend to Write Up by the end of the Month.
                          I was a former Sprinter for 4 years actually but I have moved up to Long Distance running a couple of seasons ago, I think 21.52 for a 5K considering I ran that time with a broken bone in my back and 2 shots of pain killer injections, I think we all know that who ever is trying to sabortange my good name is the one who is nuts.
                          If I choose to write Up reports or movie scripts that is my problems If I decide I want to conduct an experiement on other forums that is my problem again and for all those that are trying to bring down my good name To be honest if I cared about what you have to say I would be a very crazy person for real but because I have no intention of listening to any of your Negative comment which are aimed at Bad mouthing, Well If you are not as coward as I think you you would have a reply to this.
                          As for the those that link this type of War I will give you one that you will never forget.

Kind regards
                          A H Khadra

Comment

"As for the those that link (sic - like) this type of War I will give you one that you will never forget.

No thanks, you may return to the IAAF forum now. You have alreay worn out your welcome here. Bye, and have a nice life.

Comment

>If you are not as coward as I think you you would have a reply to this.

This still piques my curiousity. You say your posts in the cycling forum were fictitious and done as an 'experiment'. Basically you admit you lied there. But how am I, or anyone else, supposed to believe you? Maybe you were telling the truth on the cycling forums but are lieing here? Maybe both are lies. It's like if I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

This report you plan on writing up should be most enlightening, but again, I don't know whether to believe that you will actually write it up or not. However, I don't see how you can't make any conclusions of elitism in cycling based on the responses to your thread where your made up character was all over the map with easily disproved or unbelievable claims.

I think 21.52 for a 5K
                              >considering I ran that time with a broken bone in my back and 2 shots of pain
                              >killer injections, I think we all know that who ever is trying to sabortange my
                              >good name is the one who is nuts.

Nuts I may be, as I did a Mercier performance conversion on a 21:52 5km with a broken back bone and 2 shots of pain killers (tell me, are these 'pain killers' banned substances? Will you still be allowed to run in the Olympics now that you might have admitted to taking performance enhancers?) and unfortunately, it only comes out to a healthy 15:25 (15:32 with Purdy points and 15:21 using Hungarian points). However, running the above, along with pushing a shopping cart full of Coke (regular, not diet or vanilla), while singing the score to 'HMS Pinafore' does convert to a solid Olympic A standard time of 13:04.

Too bad this thread won't last much longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X