Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Board Registration

For a trial period we have decided to require registration for posting to the message boards.

Also, please note that with the start of a new indoor season and the large number of new "faces" coming to the boards I'll be moderating them more closely than in the recent past. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our guidelines and the more general ideas of message board courtesy.

Our desire is to make these spaces the best places on the Internet to discuss our great sport. Hopefully, these changes will aid in improve your experience here.

Ben Hall
    T&FN Internet Editor

Re: Message Board Registration

Code into your apache server a command that will not let users type in the words Alan Webb. This name brings out the worse in people.

Comment

or supplements

Comment

Drug talk is more boring than either Webb or Gabe talk. I am sure lawyers love talking about the drug issues.

Comment

>Drug talk is more boring than either Webb or Gabe talk. I am sure lawyers love talking about the drug issues.<

Don't be so sure. Because I am a lawyer, I sometimes contribute to drug-related threads on the T&FN Message Board to clarify points of law. Does that mean I love talking about drug issues? Not at all. I love track and field. That's why I go to track meets; that's why I read Track & Field News, and that's why I'm on this Board.

Law just happens to be is what I do for a living. Drug issues are a scourge that our sport has to deal with. When I talk about those issues, love has nothing to with it.

Comment

I just registered. Now, do I have to login to the board before I can post replies? Also, what is the auto login feature? Does it mean that when I am in the TFN site, I am logged in for the board? It didn't seem to buy anything when I toggled it.

Comment

I guess a good first step would have been to read the guidelines.

Comment

Re: MILE stuck in my head

Drug talk has nothing to do with track talent. I find it more interesting to talk about when the next great American distance running is going to emerge. Every year US track fans are stuck with the same old 3:40 1500 performances. I look in the paper every spring hoping to see some unknown US miler burst unto the scene like a Tom Byers and run a 3:50 mile. I will never give up on US mile running. I know something great is bound to happen. I have been waiting since Steve Holman's retirement for the next magical American 3:50 mile!
                I am sorry for my obsession with the mile. I just feel US track will not be taken seriously until the country produces a top miler.
                At least US milers are clean. The best of them are honest 3:55 milers.

Comment

<I just feel US track will not be taken seriously until the country produces a top miler.>

I can assure you that the US track is the most respected around the world even without a top-notch miler.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I guess this is true since the 100meters along with the mile is the king of all track events.

Comment

Working...
                    X