• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shingo Suetsugu way UNDERated

10.05 100m
    20.03 200m

Re: Shingo Suetsugu way UNDERated

Never evaluate a track athlete by the numbers he puts up, just look at who he's beaten in big meets. The jury is still out on him.

Comment

Actually Shingo ran 10.03/20.03 last year ... And last time I checked he won the Bronze at last year's Worlds ahead of Campbell/Buckland/Johnson/Fredericks and Emedolu !!! And did that while injuring himself in the final ... Folks continue to overlook him and he'll get better than bronze this year ... He is the real deal and deserves a bit more respect than he has gotten ... Last sprinter that got no respect at an Olympics got 200 meter gold !!!

Comment

The 200 is a strange event these days. No one under 20.00 last year. Suetsugu will definitely be a medal contender again. If Gatlin stays healthy, I believe he'll win.

Comment

In an earlier thread we had mused on Gatlin's chances at a sprint double (which are minimal). If he wants a "sure thing" gold he should do just the 200. I don't see him catching up w/ MJ anytime in the near future, but I'd rate him as a solid bet to pass Fredericks (19.68) for No. 2 on the all-time list.

(Gee, maybe that's a thread in and of itself: with men's WRs virtually impossible to get, in what events do we think somebody can even make it to No. 2?)

Comment

You mean the Michael Johnson who has 4 of top 10 of All-time best outdoor 200m (incl.19.32, 19.66) ?

Comment

Being Asian and the racial biases that conjures in some peoples minds he will always have problems competing. But with that 3rd place finish he will gain confidence, and he will phsyicall improve since he is only 23?. He might take silver in Athens, by the way no way Kenderis defends the belt he is physically past it.

Comment

Working...
              X