Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 s at Beijing Oly

I am looking forward to the two 800 m races in August more than anything else. With a whole bunch of new characters that have turned up in the last 12-15 months, let's hope the best persons win. In addition, let's hope that the pace in each race is good, not just a mad sprint in the last ~80 m or so. Will Beijing conditions (number of rounds, temperature, pollution) hold back good performances? It would be nice to see the winners go sub 1:43 and sub 1:55 in the men's and women's races, respectively. Potentially, at least three can do that on the men's side and 2-3 on the women's.

This reminds me, I really must look into the rounds outline. If there are three heat semis again I'll be so angry!

Comment

I don't think you'll find that information anywhere now. I believe things like that are normally determined only after final entries are in.

Comment

wow 3 women sub 1.55 that will be some race, given the rounds i am not convinced that will or can happen.

Comment

The men are at least 3 who can probably break 1:43, Kaki has, Lopez almost and Rudisha not too far away
          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
            The men are at least 3 who can probably break 1:43, Kaki has, Lopez almost and Rudisha not too far away
            Not to forget the reigning Olympic Champion. If he has to, I'm sure he can, too

Comment

His even paced strategy seems to have got in the way of that lately
              why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

I'm always looking forward to the 800, this is probably my favorite distance.

Comment

Of course, people have to get through the rounds, and having done that still have the energy and composure to run their best race in the Final. Olympic final results are not World Rankings, and sometimes not reflective thereof.
                  (Go Gary R.!)

Comment

Originally posted by Atanvarno
                    Not to forget the reigning Olympic Champion. If he has to, I'm sure he can, too
                    His even paced strategy seems to have got in the way of that lately
                    As I said - if he has to, he can

Comment

Not long ago nobody cared a tinkers gus about 2 laps areound the track, now its must see TV!
                      phsstt!

Comment

In the men's race It's the one race where 6-7 guys could win. Or if it goes like Osaka, a truly dark horse. There is so much race savvy and luck needed. By luck I mean not being boxed in, having the race pace go to one's strength, and having a clear run down the straight.

In the women's if it is truly Soboleva V the Kenyans, and Jepkosgei gets back to 1.56 territory then it will be awesome. But don't count out Benhassi!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                          In the men's race It's the one race where 6-7 guys could win. Or if it goes like Osaka, a truly dark horse. There is so much race savvy and luck needed. By luck I mean not being boxed in, having the race pace go to one's strength, and having a clear run down the straight.

In the women's if it is truly Soboleva V the Kenyans, and Jepkosgei gets back to 1.56 territory then it will be awesome. But don't count out Benhassi!
                          I don't think 6-7 can win unless they decide to jog the first round again. Realistically someone will remember what happened last year and decide to run up front, not only to set a high pace, but also to avoid being boxed in and losing the rhythm. Will there be a Johnny Gray again ?

Comment

Working...
                          X