Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kuha
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    I feel that the chances of either Goucher or Flanagan medaling in a sit-and-kick race are pretty slim. But what if they worked together to set a murderous pace from the gun? Can the two of them, working together, break a some if not all of the African girls?
    Please refer to index: "Radcliffe, Paula, Record in Championship Track Competitions."
    The problem with Paula is that she tried to break the Africans all by herself. That was just too big a job for her too handle alone.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
      I feel that the chances of either Goucher or Flanagan medaling in a sit-and-kick race are pretty slim. But what if they worked together to set a murderous pace from the gun? Can the two of them, working together, break a some if not all of the African girls?
      They have 100% chance of breaking some of the Africans. They have 0% chance of breaking all the Africans.
      Of course some of the Africans are unbreakable at any pace that another woman can set. I'm sorry for the poor wording on my part. I should have wrote "albeit not all" instead of "if not all". ops:

Comment

I wouldn't find it too surprising if there is a Chinese runner or so in the front group of this race. No idea who, but I'm just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Dutra
          Originally posted by Half Miler
          Originally posted by mj
          I just watched the women's 10,000 on TV and found it incredibly frustrating that the announcers continually discussed the "A" standard, the rules around who goes, and the likelihood (or lack thereof) of making the standard in this particular race but never actually said what the "A" standard was. This included right at the finish when they noted that Begley "just made it". I realize that most of you may have these things memorized but for those of us who are don't want to go look it up in the middle of the race or for more casual fans there is no wonder people lose interest when there is much discussion of chasing a mythical, unstated mark while the event is in progress.
          This was truly horrible. Compounding matters was that they (Hammond and Eyestone) repeatedly focused on how the race was really only between McGregor and Huddle, since they had the A, and that everyone else was there for a workout. Stressing again and again that the A was impossible to reach in this race, there was absolutely no drama surrounding Begley. It's inexscusable that no one alerted them that Begley had a chance with several laps to go. Was anyone actually looking at lap times?

Really looked stupid when, several minutes after Begley crossed the line, Hammond erupts about her making the team. There are SO MANY knowledgeable track types around...how does this type of thing continue to happen in network coverage of our sport?
          Hammond said it looks like she has it as she crossed the line. I really didn't find it all that hard to follow.
          Agree. I thought the announcers did a pretty good job on this...

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
            They have 100% chance of breaking some of the Africans. They have 0% chance of breaking all the Africans.
            Of course some of the Africans are unbreakable at any pace that another woman can set. I'm sorry for the poor wording on my part. I should have wrote "albeit not all" instead of "if not all". ops:
            Thats ok, i like our chances to be in the mix. Shan is legit world class and kara is not only an World Champ. medalist but shows she can handle the heat. I just pray that all the runners get some good Oxygen to breath.
            phsstt!

Comment

I think Shalane and Kara will be in the final in Bejing...but I don't see either one in the top 3...maybe in the top 6. They are running really well, but simply can't beat the top Africans.

Comment

Since there are no preliminary races, I bet all the Americans that start will be in the final.

Originally posted by runforfun
                I think Shalane and Kara will be in the final in Bejing...but I don't see either one in the top 3...maybe in the top 6. They are running really well, but simply can't beat the top Africans.

Comment

Originally posted by ed gee
                  Since there are no preliminary races, I bet all the Americans that start will be in the final.

Originally posted by runforfun
                  Unless they decide to concentrate on the 5000 in Bejing and skip the 10000. Of course that would be pure lunacy in my opinion, but why are they running the 5000 at the trials anyway? Is it simply a matter of money, wanting to meet some incentive in their shoe contract?

Comment

Working...
                  X