Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powell
    Wow - Lukyanenko 6.01 :!: A pretty comfortable clearance, too :shock:
    Maybe not too shocking...he jumped 5.85 from a short run (12 steps) earlier in the season. I'd be confident he's on his full approach now (18-20 steps) now. He's also attempted 6m at least twice this year so he's been zeroing in on it.

Comment

Lukyanenko is very impressive. He may be the man we have been waiting for since the retirement of Sergey the Great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaack
        Lukyanenko started this competition at 5'80 IIRC! Has anyone ever started a competition THAT high, aside from Bubka?
        There is Tommy Skipper's meet in Eugene where he started at 5.79, cleared it, and went home. That was interesting since it was his PR at the time.

Comment

Brad opened at 5.80 and then made 6.00 at the meet in Chula Vista on June 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
            Originally posted by Jaack
            Lukyanenko started this competition at 5'80 IIRC! Has anyone ever started a competition THAT high, aside from Bubka?
            There is Tommy Skipper's meet in Eugene where he started at 5.79, cleared it, and went home. That was interesting since it was his PR at the time.
            LOL that's Hilarious! Skipped in, vaults a PR, skips off.....Love it!

Comment

Eurosport at its best with Steve Cram and Tim Hutchings always used to show both Hengelo and Eugene. Sad to hear they have gone, but any coverage would be better than what is available across the pond and north of WCSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster
                I actually think that 55.9 is ok for Jana, she never starts off that fast and it is her first race since September last year and Jesien has raced 5 or so races this year.
                It would be one thing to run 55.9 in her first race of the year if it was April or May, but by July 1, she ought to be running much better than that if she's to have a shot at a medal in Beijing.

Jesien has had 6 races at 400H this year, but all of them have been significantly faster than 55.9. Her opener was a 55.61, and that was in a domestic race over a month ago.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Not seen the race yet but I am still not that worried. She has pulled up ok and after doing nothing for a fortnight I think Jana will just wait and see. I expected more from the US women but I haven't seen anything yet that I think puts anyone in front. Could be a close one in Beijing. Xiao looking dangerous.

Comment

Athletics coverage is rather akin to British buses this year. Almost bugger all coverage all summer then next week, the World Jnrs are on Eurosport, the British Olympic Trials on the BBC, Rome Golden League on Setanta and the Athens Grand Prix on Eurosport all televised between Thursday and Sunday!
                    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Working...
                    X