Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinese olympic trials last week.

china had their olympic trials last week and the results looked like a good high school meet, but not olympic caliber. i have been thinking for a long time the crazy results from 1993 and 97 for the chinese would return for 2008, but i think if it was going to happen it would have happened at least with their trials, but it did not, so it looks like they may have a few individuals performing well, but nothing as far as challenging the usa in the track and field medal count.

Many of China:s stars DNC in that meet.

Comment

Yes, the top stars were preselected for the Oly team.

Surely they will not be challenging the US in Beijing. But I believe they will win a few medals.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I have often wondered what current Chinese athletes think about the '93 marks. Most of the T&F community knows what the deal is, but what about the athletes? If you're a female distance runner running a 32 minute 10k, aren't you a little pissed off that your NR is completely, forever out of reach?

In the socio-political situation that is China, do you dare speak out about such matters?

Comment

is there a list of chinese athletes that have already qualified for the olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Miler
            If you're a female distance runner running a 32 minute 10k, aren't you a little pissed off that your NR is completely, forever out of reach?
            Kind of like USAnian female sprinters? At least the world 10K record seems well within the abilities of one T.Dibaba. Nobody in sight for the sprint records, in or out of town.
            Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X