• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Anwar MOORE ?...

I have just read he ran a very good 6"50 60m
    dash in New-York recently (12/28/03).
    Can anyone tell us more about this unknown
    talent. I know he is a good hurdler either.

Re: Who is Anwar MOORE ?...

I can't tell you anything about him except for the fact that the name "Anwar" means "great leader."

I know this because there was a very good basketball player at my high school by the name of Anwar.

Comment

I can see in the US 2003 110m/h list he has
      set a great regular 13"44.

Comment

He's a guy who ran a race with very doubtful timing his last race was somewhere around 6.75.

Comment

>He's a guy who ran a race with very doubtful timing his last race was somewhere
          >around 6.75.

Agreed. His PR before that race was 6.72, and all his other races have been in the 6.70-6.80 range.

The race where he ran 6.50 was actually a hand-timed race, which explains a LOT because I think pretty much everyone (or nearly everyone) in that race set HUGE personal bests. It was probably more like 6.74-ish.

Comment

>>The race where he ran 6.50 was actually a hand-timed race, which explains a LOT because I think pretty much everyone (or nearly everyone) in that race set HUGE personal bests. It was probably more like 6.74-ish.>>

Since I compile performers lists for my newsletter (Eastern Track), I too questioned those times, as well as those for the women's race (Kerron Stewart-7.32, Kia Davis-7.36).

Do you know for a fact that it was hand-timed or are you just assuming...?

The sprints and hurdles can be run in either direction and at 55- or 60-meters at the Armory and I'm wondering if they placed the timer at the wrong line(although the times would be on the slow side for 55m).

Comment

>Do you know for a fact that it was hand-timed or are you just
              >assuming...?

Yes, they are listed on Tilastopaja as hand-timed.

http://www.tilastopaja.com/db/atm.asp?ID=3791

Comment

>>Do you know for a fact that it was hand-timed or are you
                >just
                >assuming...?

Yes, they are listed on Tilastopaja as
                >hand-timed.

That doesn't make it so--he (Mirko) is just assuming they were hand times and didn't want to totally ignore them. (I asked him)

Comment

Yes, while Tilastopaja is unquestionably the finest track-stats site on the planet,you've got to remember that the operator is just a guy sitting at a computer in Finland who mines internet results

Comment

>That doesn't make it so--he (Mirko) is just assuming they
                    >were hand times and didn't want to totally ignore them. (I asked him)

Fair enough, but Mirko is usually good with his results, etc so you can see why I thought it was hand-timed. You can also see why Mirko thought they were hand-timed.

At the end of the day, there's something up with those race results and hand-timing seems one of the most likely explanations.

Comment

>Yes, while Tilastopaja is unquestionably the finest track-stats site on the
                      >planet....

Ooh... I don't know about that!

http://www.trackfield.brinkster.net must come very close!!!

Comment

My own personal jargon gets in the way here: i think of Brinkster as "history" not "stats."

Comment

>My own personal jargon gets in the way here: i think of Brinkster as
                          >"history" not "stats."

Kinda see what you mean.... I'd break them down as:
                          Brinkster: History Stats
                          Tilastopaja: Results Stats

Comment

>>That doesn't make it so--he (Mirko) is just assuming they
                            >were hand times
                            >and didn't want to totally ignore them. (I asked him)

Fair enough, but
                            >Mirko is usually good with his results, etc so you can see why I thought it was
                            >hand-timed. You can also see why Mirko thought they were hand-timed.

All hail King Mirko! And I say that with all sincerity. Anyone who deals with stats marvels at what the man does. I still don't think they were hand times in the traditional sense (maybe the timing mechanism was started manually), but there is definitely something strange about them.

To confuse things, Kerron Stewart, the Jamaican frosh from Essex. C.C. who won the women's race at that MAC meet in 7.32 (which Mirko carries as a hand-timed 7.4), ran a respectable 7.42 today at the GBTC Inv.

Comment

Working...
                            X