Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Guess I'll Have To Give Up My Subscription

I had no idea you guys were such disgusting scumbags.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read. ... ead=312926

At a minimum I think you ought to be kicking some of that Masback money back to the loyal subscribers

Re: I Guess I'll Have To Give Up My Subscription

If you believe everything you read on letsrun.com.....

Comment

5000m superstar (sic!) (and sick also) needs to take his act on the road. There is some really funny material in there and I'm sure he could rival Gallagher for belly laughs.

Comment

I looked at that thread and found out that some creep is using my pseudonym from this board. Let me be clear "I'VE NEVER POSTED ON LETSRUN".
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Let me add "and have no intention of ever posting there".
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

That j squire used to post here, was he the one who got permanently banned? Can GH sue for internet defamation of character? Where's the law dude, he should know (Come to think of it where's Michael Lewis? He's been quiet this week)

Comment

I suspect the case Squire is talking about (incorrectly) actually involved Lewis, in which GH blew up at up him but they eventually kissed and made up and Lewis continued as perhaps the board's most prolific poster although I do not recall him posting ever since Registration went into effect:

http://trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/discus ... sage=24582

Squire was never banned that I know of (who knows what Ben does that isn't made public) but he probably developed a grudge against GH after GH agreed with some people who hammered Squire for slandering the good memory of Vladimir Kuts:

http://trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/discus ... sage=24295

I, for one, miss Squire. As GH noted in that thread, he made a lot of very valuable postings here. Is his super historical knowledge welcomed as warmly on letsrun as here?

Comment

>That j squire used to post here, was he the one who got permanently banned? Can GH sue for internet defamation of character? Where's the law dude, he should know<

Anyone can so anyone for anything. Winning is another matter. Actually, some of the stuff on that thread was, imho, defamatory. But there are a number of reasons why gh might rationally decide not to bother suing these idiots, not the least of which are the cost and distraction of litigation and the risk that the litigation itself will result in the falsehoods' being given wider dissemination. The charges made by these people are outrageous, but if they are so absurd that nobody can possibly take them seriously, it may be hard to prove damages (although I must say that if I were a judge dude, I'd be inclined to inflict punitive damages). My bottom line is that I doubt if gh is going to sue, even though I'd love it if he sued and won. (Of course, collecting damages is another matter. There's no reason to think that these jerks have money and if they don't, it would be an empty victory. Another reason why gh probably won't sue.)

>>(Come to think of it where's Michael Lewis? He's been quiet this week)<<

I've noticed that myself. I'm not complaining.

Comment

Hey law dude...shouldn't you be able to spell "sue"? Or is "so" sue in Latin? (written with tongue firmly in cheek as in my previous post).

btw...I'm being sued, are you available for a trial in March?

Comment

Whoa! Thanks for the spirited defense campers, but the word "lawsuit" is way over the top. The day I take that much umbrage at the babblings of a few deranged souls on an internet board I'll hire a lawyer to have myself declared insane. The bulk of that stuff is so over the top that it's hilarious, not offensive.

Comment

I, for one, miss Squire. As GH noted in that thread, he
                      >made a lot of very valuable postings here. Is his super historical knowledge
                      >welcomed as warmly on letsrun as here?

Dittoes and when I heard that he left, I went looking around and that thread is all I could find too and thought it was a bit of an overreaction by jsquire to a reasonably tame post by gh.

Comment

>I had no idea you guys were such disgusting
                        >scumbags.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read. ... 926&thread
                        >312926

At a minimum I think you ought to be kicking some of that Masback
                        >money back to the loyal subscribers

Hasn't 5000 meter superstar been on this site too? I've always thought that the search function should be modified to allow to search by poster.

Comment

Re: Where's Maldo?

Mystery solved: Michael Lewis posted this over at letsrun - "After T&FN required registration I have decided I cannot live with the totalitarian empire GH and Ben have created."

Big Brother is watching you, Michael (I know you are still lurking).

Comment

I just opened my e-mail and found the newest T&FN service to the subscribers. Thank you!
                            As far as a creep on Letsrun using my name "Pego" is concerned, I did let the steam out and decided that "imitation is the highest form of flattery".
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>Mystery solved: Michael Lewis posted this over at letsrun - "After T&FN
                              >required registration I have decided I cannot live with the totalitarian empire
                              >GH and Ben have created.">>

LOL! He can't stand the "totalitarianism" here, where registration still doesn't mean you need to show a working email address, yet his post on letsrun voluntarily does have a working link (apparently) back to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X