Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottey 11.67

Merlene Ottey ran 11.67 for 4th place in the Slovenian Grand Prix series on July 3rd. Her goal is to achieve the Olympic norm in the 100 metres before the deadline on 23 July (A standard = 11.32 sec. B standard = 11.42 sec.) This time even I don't believe she can do it, although I am still praying for a miracle. This will probably be her last summer.

Still - it's a season's best by 0.25-0.3sec so at least Merlene is heading in the right direction.

It's a shame her 11.56 season's best from 2007, run with a headwind of 1.8m/s because if it had a +1 wind or something, it surely would have been worth something under the B standard.

Hard to believe she ran 11.32, the A standard, age 46!
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Don't all Ottey posts now belong in the Historical section? :-)

Comment

Re: Ottey 11.67

Originally posted by ngc800
        Merlene Ottey ran 11.67 for 4th place in the Slovenian Grand Prix series on July 3rd. Her goal is to achieve the Olympic norm in the 100 metres before the deadline on 23 July (A standard = 11.32 sec. B standard = 11.42 sec.) This time even I don't believe she can do it, although I am still praying for a miracle. This will probably be her last summer.
        I don't know what the Slovenian selection process is like, but another Slovenian has already made the B standard by running 11.36, so it looks like Merlene will have to run the A standard, or at least a faster B than her countrywoman.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Don't all Ottey posts now belong in the Historical section? :-)
          The Queen is not history she ETERNAL

Comment

Working...
          X