Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst uniforms ever?

I challenge someone to beat the ugliness of the various uniforms in this past weekend's Kenyan Armed Forces XC. Actually, they're so bad I kind of like them. Anyone ever seen worse?

http://www.iaaf.org/WXC04/news/Kind=2/newsId=23854.html

Re: Worst uniforms ever?

I agree with you but we are both culturally biased - those are very African colors and I bet the runners and fans loved their colorfulness.

Comment

in contrast I always liked the New Zealand uniforms.

Comment

Best ever uniform - any category - UCLA when J Smith was running. Light blue jersey with white and gold trim, white shorts with blue and gold trim.

Comment

For a second there I thought Kansas was running in the meet :-)

Comment

and those Kansas unis sure were gaudy !!!

Comment

How about the Santa Monica TC see-through uniforms Carl Lewis & Co. wore at the Penn relays a few years back?

Comment

>I challenge someone to beat the ugliness of the various uniforms in this past
                >weekend's Kenyan Armed Forces XC. Actually, they're so bad I kind of like them.
                >Anyone ever seen
                >worse?

I like those better than the current U.S. national uniforms.

The Kansas Jayhawks men used to have bad ones -- although the school's colors are blue and red, their outfits were baby blue and pink. Not too manly, to say the least. Maybe the men's team manager accidentally used chlorine bleach on them. (If memory serves, the women wore the proper colors. )
                "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

>I challenge someone to beat the ugliness of the various uniforms in this past
                  >weekend's Kenyan Armed Forces XC. Actually, they're so bad I kind of like them.
                  >Anyone ever seen
                  >worse?

http://www.iaaf.org/WXC04/news/Kind=2/newsId=23854.html

Not too taken by those pink vests, but the colour kits of the other guys are quite cool... those retro-ish type colours are in fashion nowadays (or at least in the UK for guys my age...19).

Anyone remember Maria Mutola's kit that she wore for the 1991 World Championships...? Some lovely bright pink/green designs going on! Also, if you look at this article:

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=23875.html

Kene Dnoye's briefs kinda remind me of Mutola's 1991 kit....!

Comment

Let me come to the defense of the old Kansas unies. At least when they wore those, you knew who the heck they were. These days, the unies all come from the same few suppliers and they all look the same. Not very good for the fan.

Comment

What about the full-length silver and black unitards worn by LSU at Penn (or anything worn by Seton Hall) They look like a bunch of rejects from a grade-B superhero movie. Mr. Blackwell would have his work cut out for him at relay "carnivals".

Comment

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=23875.html

Kene Dnoye's
                        >briefs kinda remind me of Mutola's 1991 kit....!

I have to say that i was quite shocked by the Senegalese kit last year, with that strange red mark of the pelvis. I don't really know what to think about it...

Comment

>Let me come to the defense of the old Kansas unies. At least when they wore
                          >those, you knew who the heck they were.

Yeah, I suppose that's superior to the U.S. national unis -- when the runner is coming at you, he's blue; going away, he's red. Now that's confusing!
                          "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

jon is right... the striped colors are great. The pinkish singlets would be fine, too, if they had some contrasting trim. As for those old time KU and UCLA powder blues... well, it is now the 21st Century guys!!!!

Comment

Geez, did I miss another memo? Light blue is out from 2001-2100? Dang, I just ordered a whole team's worth of pastels.

Comment

Working...
                              X