Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London GP wHJ

There must be some kind of mistake here. A competetion without Vlašić? What's she thinking?!

Athlete Nat
    Amy Acuff USA
    Anna Chicherova RUS
    Sharon Day USA
    Nicole Forrester CAN
    Tia Hellebaut BEL
    Chaunté Howard USA
    Susan Moncrieff GBR
    Stephanie Pywell GBR

She must still be recovering from the debacle from a week or so ago.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
      She must still be recovering from the debacle from a week or so ago.
      Which debacle?

The one where she only jumped 2.00m, or one of the 2.01m or 2.02m debacles?

Comment

Go Chich!!!

A fairly modest session on the whole, but not too bad for Anna.

Comment

Event already decided only

Anna Chicherova RUS over 1.98

Wins at 2.01
          3 at 1.92 Acuff, Forrester and Hellebaut

Comment

Well they certainly short-changed the coverage of this event. :x

Nevertheless, the Russians have to be feeling pretty good about their medal chances in the wHJ - maybe even two - although gold is still a bit of a long shot.

Comment

Absolutely. 2.03m for Chicherova and Slesarenko followed by 2.00m and 2.01m, respectively - the former with little rest and a lot of travel. Excellent shot for both to take gold.

Comment

Which debacle?

When she kept stubbornly over and over trying to jump higher although the look in her eyes said "I don't have it today". That debacle.
                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Bah...I really thought Hellebaut was building her momentum with a 2m last week. But now back to 1.92!

Still, she was barely 2m in Euro's 06 when she went 2.03 to win and she wasn't any where near 2.05 form indoors last year when she destroyed everyone at Euro's again. So who knows. Gevaret didn't look too handy either...and, neither did their relay!

Their biggest medal chance right now IMHO is still Tia and the 4x4 for men!

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                    Absolutely. 2.03m for Chicherova and Slesarenko followed by 2.00m and 2.01m, respectively - the former with little rest and a lot of travel. Excellent shot for both to take gold.
                    I’d say the chances for both of them taking gold are rather slim. One or the other, maybe; but not both.

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
                    Which debacle?

When she kept stubbornly over and over trying to jump higher although the look in her eyes said "I don't have it today". That debacle.
                    Oh… the 'refusing to quit even when she really wanted to' debacle.

Okay... that's enough smartass posts from me for today.

Comment

Alas, was swimming in the lake during the meet. Water got into the ear. Must have reached the brain ;-)

One of the two has a shot at winning gold (likely Slesarenko based on experience factor). Chicherova has ultimately slipped past her training issues whereby she had been jumping much higher in her practice sessions (often over 2.00m with three-attempt bar) than in the meets.

Comment

Working...
                      X