Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldama's latest move....?

Heard a rumour (from a reliable source) that Yamile Aldama is now looking to compete for Sudan!

Re: Aldama's latest move....?

Show me the money!

Comment

In these days of convertible citizenships, I guess switching to a Sudan is to be expected. Will be quite a coupe for that country. :-)

Comment

>Will be quite a coupe for that country. :-)

Indeed it will! Hopefully then Britain will realise exactly what it missed out on!

Comment

I read about a month ago that the Czech Republic was offering her the citizenship.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

OK, gh is probably ban me for this, but the English teacher in me can't resist.

"Will be quite a coupe for that country"

She's getting a two-door? I would have held out for the four-door sedan.

Comment

She'll have fun trying to get visas for all her competitions. If you're from Sudan, you almost need a visa to go to the bathroom.

Thing is, it's not like it was much easier to get them when she was Cuban.

Comment

>OK, gh is probably ban me for this, but the English teacher in me can't
                >resist.

"Will be quite a coupe for that country"

She's getting a
                >two-door? I would have held out for the four-door sedan.>>

Huh? You should be banned for missing all the punning the first time through. GH said convertible-Sudan-coupe.

Comment

Doh, I DID miss it. I am seriously impressed by you and gh. That was too subtle for me.

Comment

I missed the giveaway: 'a' Sudan. I hereby ban me for the rest of the day.

Comment

All well and good, but Cuba can still block her from competing in majors until '07 (I think, maybe she is out from under in '05).

Comment

>All well and good, but Cuba can still block her from competing in majors until
                        >'07 (I think, maybe she is out from under in '05).

Wrong. They can only stop her from competing for 3 years after she competed for her home country. She last competed for Cuba at the 2000 Olympics, so she's now free to represent whatever country she chooses.
                        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I know I have mentioned this before but still I don't understand why anyone has to represent a country in order to compete in the Olympics or World Championship.

Comment

Because by-nation representation allows the suits to control the athletes more easily. That's how they kept "amateurism" in place long after it was a dead-dead concept. Establish a small elite club with only a few members and make rules that control the serfs (err, athletes).

Comment

>Because by-nation representation allows the suits to control the athletes more
                              >easily. That's how they kept "amateurism" in place long after it was a
                              >dead-dead concept. Establish a small elite club with only a few members and
                              >make rules that control the serfs (err, athletes).

That may be part of the reason... But there's a lot more to it than that... If athletes compete as individuals, you'll have to allow all the best to compete and abolish the per-country limits. Would you be as interested in watching distance races in the Olympics if at each distance there were 20 Kenyans and no Americans competing ?
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X