Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isinbayeva Vault 4.76

Yelena Isinbayeva won the Glasgow duel in 4.76 (15'7 1/4") over Svetlana Feofanova who vaulted 4.66 (15'1/2").

Yelena cleared 4.76 on a first attempt and took unsuccessful jumps at 4.82.

Re: Isinbayeva Vault 4.76

It was 4.81m that she was attempting (not 4.82m). Chicherova's legs knocked the bar over - the bar was a bit too far away for her. However, her jump looked around the 4.86m mark. No doubt, in a few more competitions, the WIR will be hers.

Kelly Holmes ran a very easy WL time in the 1500m - 4:09, easing down at the end. Mutola's 800m was also extremely easy - she clearly led from start to finish and went unchallenged throughout the whole of the race. Jason Gardner's run was probably the most impressive performance of the day. After Dwayne Grant's false start, Jason's start wasn't the greatest; at 30m he was level with Tim Harden, and he just kept going from there - slightly easing down at the end, and running a World-leading time of 6.54.

Chicherova was a class above everyone else in the women's HJ, clearing 2m. Stefan Holm jumped 2.31m, and looks set to have yet another good indoor season. Ben Challenger equalled his SB of last year, jumping 2.24m and had a good attempt at 2.28m.

Abi Oyepitan was a surprise winner in the women's 60m, running a perfect race in 7.27 beating Kruglova, Maduaka and Kallur. Juliet Campbell won the deuce in a relatively easy time of 23.43.

Comment

>It was 4.81m that she was attempting (not 4.82m). Chicherova's legs knocked the
      >bar over - the bar was a bit too far away for her.>>

Wow! I've never heard of a high jumper attempting a setting remotely that high before! :-)

Comment

>>It was 4.81m that she was attempting (not 4.82m). Chicherova's legs knocked
        >the
        >bar over - the bar was a bit too far away for her.>>

Wow! I've never
        >heard of a high jumper attempting a setting remotely that high before! :-)

LMAO....

you know what I mean ;-)

Comment

AND.... (lest we forget)...

yet another reason for an edit function

(I'm getting kinda tired of dropping these hints....)

Comment

Edit function *will* happen one day fairly soon. But I'm working on a major revamp of another part of the site right now.

You will notice URLs now open in a separate window and it is a little smarter.

Comment

>You will notice URLs now
              >open in a separate window and it is a little smarter.

Yup, I had noticed that. Good work, Ben ;-) Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X