Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any TFN guys there?

"There were 17 of the 197 members of the hall. In the back row on the stage during the ceremony, Frank Shorter sat between Mal Whitfield and Alberto Salazar. To their left, Al Oerter sat between Billy Mills and Coach Mel Rosen."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/25/sport ... ce&ei=5062

Re: Any TFN guys there?

If you count "non-staff" senior editors, Bob Hersh and I were there. It was a track fan's dream day--mingling with some of the legends of the sport as they participated in the opening of the Hall of Fame, and then watching some spectacular high school racing. One of many memorable scenes involved Frank Shorter and Alberto Salazar, standing together trackside, cheering on preps Galen Rupp(8:54.45) and Josh McDougal (8:50.40) in a special 2-mile run.

Comment

Like about 300 other days in the year, this T&FN guy got up at 5:30 and spent 12 hours in the office. (Still wouldn't trade the job for anything else, of course)

Comment

>Like about 300 other days in the year, this T&FN guy got up at 5:30 and spent
        >12 hours in the office. (Still wouldn't trade the job for anything else, of
        >course)

How come you get 64 days off? I'm in the wrong business.

Comment

>How come you get 64 days off? I'm in the wrong
          >business.

Yeah, that Mickey D's schedule is murder, huh?

Comment

Working...
          X