Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Running Gadgets!!! HELP!!

"Do you think the comics hate you?"

Um, no, I think they are being funny . . . but I'm really starting to get anxious about the direction this 'correspondence' has taken, so I'll just be moving along now. If you are keeping score at home, folks, chalk up another 'win' for malmo.
    signed,
    Sorry I Ever Started

Comment

you can always finish here when your anxiety attack subsides.

malmo (DOT) email (AT) verizon (DOT) net

Comment

>Brian, a little obsessive aren't you?

>see numerous posts on this thread by "Brian." A classic stalker.

Here's another cute little trick malmo and posters like him do rather than ever admit he went over the line and then maybe have to find the guts to apologize. When you talk trash and someone calls you on it, try to find fault with the person who calls you out, and thus switch the focus away from your earlier rude comments.

And don't forget to start calling names. Interesting how everyone automatically becomes an internet "lurker" or "stalker" just because they disagree with malmo's rudeness and call him on it. I guess it's true that name-calling is the last resort of those with no true arguement.

And the board's downward spiral toward the gutter continues...

Comment

>Here's another cute little trick malmo and
          >posters like him do rather than ever admit he went over the line and then maybe
          >have to find the guts to apologize. When you talk trash and someone calls you
          >on it, try to find fault with the person who calls you out, and thus switch the
          >focus away from your earlier rude comments.

And don't forget to start
          >calling names. Interesting how everyone automatically becomes an internet
          >"lurker" or "stalker" just because they disagree with malmo's rudeness and
          >call him on it. I guess it's true that name-calling is the last resort of those
          >with no true arguement.

And the board's downward spiral toward the gutter
          >continues...

Yup, here's the unredacted original post of mine below. My gosh, how rude, and full of name calling!

"Absolutely, you cannot truly experience running without gadgets. Required of any athlete in our sport are:
          GPS devices
          Heart rate monitors
          Altitude houses
          Oakleys
          Inhalers
          Oxygen-something knee socks
          Breathe-right strips
          Lactate test kits
          These are only the basics. You cannot begin to participate in our sport without them."

What a gutter you're forced to wallow in? The last obsessive track fan who embraced embellishent to such a degree had a manner eerily similar to yours....nah, it couldn't be? Grow up, Brian. The only rude posts are yours.

Comment

Hmm, I DID send an e-mail to malmo and got no reply. Do you only perform in public?

Comment

You're number 27.

Sorry to deflate your fantasy. I don't spend all day on the net, and I don't hop when strangers call. Wait your turn, your in the queue, I'll get to you when your number comes up on the wheel. Hopefully this weekend.

Comment

Malmö, surely you admit the utility of the Sportbrain... once featured on Oprah! It counts your steps... all day long... and... better than any pedometer selling for 1/10th the price, logs the count to a web site every night through a dock on your PC! I hear Geb carries two when he trains along with his water bottle.

Track & Field News Weekly Roundup

Top homepage posts for the week ending 05/29/2019:

Excerpts:

NCAA Women’s Formchart #5 — USC By 1 Over Arkansas

THE EBB & FLOW of the battle for the NCAA women’s team title this year has been fascinating. Chart 1:... Read More

The post NCAA Women’s Formchart #5 — USC By 1 Over Arkansas appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

2019 NCAA Men’s Formchart #5 — Texas Tech Takes Over

IN OUR FIRST chart of the year, Florida was an 8-point favorite over SEC rival LSU for the team title.... Read More

The post 2019 NCAA Men’s Formchart #5 — Texas Tech Takes Over appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Götzis Multis: World Leaders For Warner & KJT

GÖTZIS, AUSTRIA, May 25-26—Damian Warner made history by becoming only the third athlete to win 5 times at Götzis, while... Read More

The post Götzis Multis: World Leaders For Warner & KJT appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

NAIA Champs — 2 Team Titles To Canadian Team

GULF SHORES, Alabama, May 23-25—The University of British Columbia (UBC) only won 3 events—the 5000, walk and hammer—on the men’s... Read More

The post NAIA Champs — 2 Team Titles To Canadian Team appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Kenny Bednarek Planning On 200/400 Double At USATF

“I’M STILL IN THE WHIRLWIND,” says Kenny Bednarek. Ever since the Indian Hills frosh led off his mind-boggling 19.82/44.73 double... Read More

The post Kenny Bednarek Planning On 200/400 Double At USATF appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

RIP — Roberto Luigi Quercetani, Statman/Historian Nonpareil

MAY 13 brought the sad news of the passing of one of the sport’s truly larger-than-life figures, T&FN’s longtime European... Read More

The post RIP — Roberto Luigi Quercetani, Statman/Historian Nonpareil appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Comment

>Malmö, surely you admit the utility of the Sportbrain... once featured on
                  >Oprah! It counts your steps... all day long... and... better than any pedometer
                  >selling for 1/10th the price, logs the count to a web site every night through
                  >a dock on your PC! I hear Geb carries two when he trains along with his water
                  >bottle.

OK that was funny. Just like malmo's original response. Where is the outrage?

Comment

Sieg, there is no "two funny dots over the 'O'" in malmo.

Comment

>Sieg, there is no "two funny dots over the 'O'" in malmo.

This is way off the original thread topic, but I'm curious, what is the story of the origin of the moniker malmo?

I've been to the city. Quite nice with the parks, canals and extensive old architecture (most 15th and 16th century buildings of any Swedish city apparently). Even ran by the stadium there a few times. Was this the location of some steeple AR or something equally noteworthy?

Comment

>This is way off
                        >the original thread topic, but I'm curious, what is the story of the origin of
                        >the moniker malmo?

It was my impression that Malmo (the city) was where George lost his virginity, so to speak, in his first big overseas meet.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

What is Malmo's real name? Who is he, and when did he run?

Comment

>What is Malmo's real name? Who is he, and when did he run?

There are a couple of answers above-not complete by any means.

Comment

So is his real name Bob Hodge? The Web site posted above is a bit confusing...

Comment

>So is his real name Bob Hodge? The Web site posted above is a bit confusing...

No-George Malley.

Comment

Working...
                                X