Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryan Clay joins American Decathlon champions...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Clay joins American Decathlon champions...

..Harold Osborn, James Bausch, Glenn Morris & Milt Campbell as ignored.

I can't figure out why NBC paid so little attention to him.

Too much time covering the diving preliminaries (18 qualify! and scores don't carry over, it only matters if you land on your back - everyone else with any ability moves on.

Amen. They could have spare us several hours of diving where Cynthia Potter is the only person who can see the difference in99% of the dives. After a while you just don't care unless you have a relative in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      Amen. They could have spare us several hours of diving where Cynthia Potter is the only person who can see the difference in99% of the dives. After a while you just don't care unless you have a relative in the competition.
      I would have been fine with coverage of the final. It's also really weird that NBC is drooling over a sport where the USA hasn't won a medal in 2 Olympics. The qualifying rounds are so competitively uninteresting it's ridiculous.

Plus it was the "Gold Medal Spotlight" event...without a gold medal being awarded tonight. :?:

Comment

Re: Bryan Clay joins American Decathlon champions...

Originally posted by Slowrunner
        I can't figure out why NBC paid so little attention to him.
        Bryan is just not that flashy. He's modest and quiet in person.

I ran into him on the second rest day at Eugene, where I entered the free all-comers meet run by the Oregon TC. He was sitting near an entrance, ignored by dozens of people, but I came up to him and said, "How's your Mom?" (I told him that had met his mother in the stands at the 2005 Carson nationals, where she wore a BC T-shirt and cheered him on.)

Bryan didn't engage me in chitchat for long. He seemed deep in thought. Later, at the all-comers, he practiced his start.

BTW, he may be "short" from a distance. But he seems big and powerful on close inspection. I watched him practice his starts. He's world-class in that department as well. Extremely quick out of the blocks.

I hope his Mom was in Beijing.

K E N
        K E N

Comment

Working...
        X