Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Olympic gold-medal sprinter Bolt charge into the NFL?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    croflash

• croflash
    replied
    Bolt is a fan of basketball though, he wants to meet Kevin Garnett.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by eldrick
    i reckon bolt coud make transition

he used to play cricket ( bowler ) & that involves hand/eye co-ordination & also lot of catching of ball
    Does it involve getting tackled by large men after they catch it? The wear and tear that football players are subjected to is much different from what athletes in non-contact sports must endure.

Leave a comment:

• eldrick

• eldrick
    replied
    i reckon bolt coud make transition

he used to play cricket ( bowler ) & that involves hand/eye co-ordination & also lot of catching of ball

football is different type of ball, but he'd have the pre-requisites

Leave a comment:

• tandfman

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by yung4evr
    No doubt Bobbie Hayes was a fabulous player, but that was a different era. The NFL defenses of today are much more complex, faster, and quicker. Raw speed by itself just doesn't translate as easily to success as it did at one time. And if I'm not mistaken, BH was the last world class sprinter without prior football experience that could be considered a NFL "great".
    You are mistaken. Bob Hayes played football both in high school and college.

Leave a comment:

• yung4evr

• yung4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74
    This has been attempted before with unspectacular results.
    It has also been attempted before with NFL changing results.

Bullet Bob Hayes, who deserves to be in the Hall, was an incredible impact player.

Ollie Matson was a multiple Medalist in the 1952 games and went on to a Hall Of Fame career in the NFL.
    No doubt Bobbie Hayes was a fabulous player, but that was a different era. The NFL defenses of today are much more complex, faster, and quicker. Raw speed by itself just doesn't translate as easily to success as it did at one time. And if I'm not mistaken, BH was the last world class sprinter without prior football experience that could be considered a NFL "great".

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235

• 26mi235
    replied
    Well, at least we would get a 3.xx 'football 40', and they would know what FAST is.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    This has been attempted before with unspectacular results.
    It has also been attempted before with NFL changing results.

Bullet Bob Hayes, who deserves to be in the Hall, was an incredible impact player.

Ollie Matson was a multiple Medalist in the 1952 games and went on to a Hall Of Fame career in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• yung4evr

• yung4evr
    replied
    Would be a VERY unwise decision IMHO. This has been attempted before with unspectacular results. I'm sure the money will be the ultimate attraction, but I would think twice about giving up being the best in the world to a "bench warmer".

Leave a comment:

• BruceFlorman

• Could Olympic gold-medal sprinter Bolt charge into the NFL?

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere...
    Could Olympic gold-medal sprinter Bolt charge into the NFL?
    By Gil Brandt | NFL.com

Someone asked me the other day what I thought about the idea of making Olympic gold-medal sprinter Usain Bolt a football player. Let's put it this way: If Hall of Fame general manager Tex Schramm and I were still running the Cowboys, we'd be in Jamaica right now waiting for Bolt's plane to land.

That's not to say anyone can predict what the fastest human being alive might do on a football field. But in a sport that places such a premium on raw speed, why not take a chance on a guy who just shattered world records?
    Full story at http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Working...
X