Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gebre or Bekele?

Next Saturday Haile Gebrselassie (Boston) & Kenenisa Bekele (Stuttgart) will run 3000m.
    Gebre is aiming for a WR, Bekele 'l make his indoor debut. Who will be faster? I bet on Kenenisa: I think a sub 7.30 is possible for him.
    If you want to know Stuttgart startlist (Sihine, Kwalia & Saidi-Sief among others):
    www.sparkassen-cup.de

Re: Gebre or Bekele?

I think they will both run fast, but sub 7:30 at this time of year is absolutely flying

Comment

What about Adere in the 5000 - she can go under the 14:47 iWR, can't she?

Or the Russian wPV-ers?

Or Bungei, Mulaudzi, Sepeng, Myua in the 800?

Or Korir, Heshko in the 1500?

or Lobinger & Gibilisco in the mPV?

or Coby M., Tim H., B. Lewis in the 60?

Good meet to get the Oly ball rolling.

Comment

And Mutua is even better than Myua in the 800!

Comment

If the stories about the speed of the Boston track are true, Geb may have a built-in advantage.

Comment

He clearly won't run slow on that track, but Komen's WR is staggeringly good. I'll go out on the proverbial limb and predict that Geb runs 7:29, still a ripping time for indoors and January.

Comment

I have never run on the Roxbury track, but I have trained extensively on the Harvard Oval which is very fast. If Roxbury is as fast as that I think Geb will run 7:26.
              Komen's 7:24 is incredible.

Comment

>He clearly won't run slow on that track, but Komen's WR is staggeringly good.
                >I'll go out on the proverbial limb and predict that Geb runs 7:29, still a
                >ripping time for indoors and January.>>

That will only rate as No. 3 on the all-time Geb-January list, his having run 7:26.15 ('98) and 7:26.80 ('99) in the first month of the year.

Comment

<If the stories about the speed of the Boston track are true, Geb may have a built-in advantage>

Stuttgart track is not slow:
                  400m Danny Everett 45.02 (92) & 45.05 (90)
                  800m Nico Motchebon 1.44.88 (95)
                  1500m Hicham El Guerrouj 3.31.18 WR (97) & Gebre 3.31.76 (98) 2nd fastest all time
                  3000m Daniel Komen 7.27.93 (98)

I wachted Kenenisa Bekele running Campaccio XC:
                  he is in amazing form.
                  I may try this forecast: Bekele 7.28.5 - Gebre 7.30.0

Comment

Note that it'll be a busy weekend of track in Beantown. The adidas Boston meet on Saturday is going up directly against the solid BU Invitational. Too bad BU couldn't have moved that meet to another time.

And on Friday night, Northeastern will host the collegiate section of the adidas Boston meet, also at the Reggie Lewis facility.

Comment

"I may try this forecast: Bekele 7.28.5 - Gebre 7.30.0"

Oh yes, I was too optimist... but a 7.30.77 indoor debut isn't bad (3,7 at all time list).
                      At 1400 Bekele was already in command (only Sihine trailing) and at 2000 he was alone. In 96 Gebre ran a 7.30.72WR,his 2nd indoor race after a 5000m in Sindelfingen.
                      Now let's wait for Gebre in Boston.

Comment

Working...
                      X