Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL trumps Bolt/Olympics for SI cover.

Big NFL preview, modest Olympic coverage near the back. Not surprising. Maybe USATF needs to promote pre-meet tailgating

I imagine they had the covere pegged for quite some time, but I find it unfathomable that SI, a fairly reputable magazine, would give such short shrift to one of the greatest displays of athletic wizardry we are likely to see in our lifetimes. Truly appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
      I find it unfathomable that SI, a fairly reputable magazine, would give such short shrift to one of the greatest displays of athletic wizardry we are likely to see in our lifetimes.
      You assume they and their readers know the significance.

Besides, does Bolt even have a 40 yard time?

Comment

I imagine they had the covere pegged for quite some time, but I find it unfathomable that SI, a fairly reputable magazine, would give such short shrift to one of the greatest displays of athletic wizardry we are likely to see in our lifetimes. Truly appalling.
        Dont get too worked up Kevin, these are NFL fans , they run naked in the snow and get drunk to better understand the game, they define Joe six pack, and Jane cheese dip and account for a significant share of SI's readership. We just have to take this one as a loss. Plus remember SI dedicates a whole issue to Victoria Secret (tells you what they are about as it regards athletism) . Makes no sense we fight that battle.

Comment

Dont get too worked up Kevin, these are NFL fans , they run naked in the snow and get drunk to better understand the game, they define Joe six pack, and Jane cheese dip and account for a significant share of SI's readership. We just have to take this one as a loss. Plus remember SI dedicates a whole issue to Victoria Secret (tells you what they are about as it regards athletisim) . Makes no sense we fight that battle.

You wankers do know it's possible to love BOTH! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
            Dont get too worked up Kevin, these are NFL fans , they run naked in the snow and get drunk to better understand the game, they define Joe six pack, and Jane cheese dip and account for a significant share of SI's readership. We just have to take this one as a loss. Plus remember SI dedicates a whole issue to Victoria Secret (tells you what they are about as it regards athletisim) . Makes no sense we fight that battle.

You wankers do know it's possible to love BOTH! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
            Not when we get the middle child treatment :lol:

Comment

we

You mean Track?

In my heart I do agree. The Olympics doesn't come around often. However, SI has $$$$ on its mind...and American Football pays the bills.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                I find it unfathomable that SI, a fairly reputable magazine, would give such short shrift to one of the greatest displays of athletic wizardry we are likely to see in our lifetimes.
                You assume they and their readers know the significance.

Besides, does Bolt even have a 40 yard time?

If you watched ESPN Sports Center during Beijing you would have heard multiple times that Bolt's 9.69 was equivalent to a 3.55 (or about that) 40-yard time. They obviously figured that from diving 110 yards (or so) into 40 and multiplying by 9.69. They don't even know enough to realize that isn't how you get the time.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
                  SI has $$$$ on its mind...and American Football pays the bills.
                  Zackly! The NFL's freakin' DRAFT is more important than Bolt's three WRs!!!!

Comment

Aw, I am not really worked up. I live in Alabama, where nothing trumps football except church (which is why we play college football on Saturday to avoid any conflicts!).

I cannot help but notice the term "wanker" coming up so close to mention of the SI Swimsuit Issue............. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                    X