Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong medal counts in eTrack Newsletter?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong medal counts in eTrack Newsletter?

The latestTrack newsletter (#47) reports Olympic Medal Counts as follows for USA (Men/women):

3-5-4 and 4-4-3

Well the Men won FOUR gold medals (400, 400h, decathlon, 4 x 400) and the Women won THREE (100h, Discus, 4 x 400).

I have 5-5 and 4-2 for men/women silver/bronze.

Somebody not counting right??

Re: Wrong medal counts in eTrack Newsletter?

Originally posted by Fielding Melish
    The latestTrack newsletter (#47) reports Olympic Medal Counts as follows for USA (Men/women):

3-5-4 and 4-4-3

Well the Men won FOUR gold medals (400, 400h, decathlon, 4 x 400) and the Women won THREE (100h, Discus, 4 x 400).

I have 5-5 and 4-2 for men/women silver/bronze.

Somebody not counting right??
    Not only that, but the prior Newsletter, with just the medal counts, was also Volume 7, no. 47. The filename of the lastest one (with men's OG results), indicates it should be #48.

Not only that, but the medalist list shows Kerron Stewart as bronze in the 100, whereas she was equal silver.

What's the matter with these guys, anyway??? >:-)
    That's why it's "version i".
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

The silence is deafening. How about at least a mea culpa from the editors?

Comment

Originally posted by mamo
        The silence is deafening. How about at least a mea culpa from the editors?
        They are too busy working on the next several issues; they will collect all the addenda and re-issue them at the end as needed.

Comment

Sorry, no religious discussions allowed here. You'll have to assuage your Catholic guilt elsewhere.

Comment

It's also mispaginated.

Comment

Great job with all the numbers... had much to sink my teeth into at the airport. One redundancy/issue was the men:s sweep in the 400m (04, 68, 88, 04).

Comment

Well, I think it's great and think you did a wonderful job. This is what I subscribe to T&FN for. There's only so much you can get from the IAAF site, especially when you want imperial measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                  Great job with all the numbers... had much to sink my teeth into at the airport. One redundancy/issue was the men:s sweep in the 400m (04, 68, 88, 04).
                  I assumed that meant both 1904 and 2004.

Comment

it did, but could be clearer, obvioursly

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                      Which brings up an interesting trivia question since the US swept the m400 in both 2004 and 2008. How many times, if ever, has one event been swept (gold, silver, bronze) by the same country in consecutive Olympics?

Comment

there's at least a dozen examples and a couple of 4-straights.

Comment

Maybe this should be in the history threads but:
                          --I only know of one 4-peat.
                          --Two 3-peats (one of which is a discontinued event)
                          --At least 17 repeat sweeps (including this year's m400)
                          --All by the USA
                          --All by men, no women repeat sweeps
                          --Finland came close with both the Flying Finns and Javelin guys
                          --Kenya has come close in 3k St
                          --Sweden nearly did it in the mTJ

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                            I assumed it to have meant 2004, because there was another instance with Bekele:s 5.000m OR (previous record, Said Aouita, 04). 1904 followed by 1968 was a long time coming!

Comment

Working...
                            X