Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zürich w800 (Mutola's last race)

On thirteen occasions she has competed here at Weltklasse, the first time in 1993. On Friday, the Sydney Olympic champion will end her career here. "That will be a big moment in my long sporting life." Mutola looked back on her long and successful career while speaking with the media.

Also for meeting director Patrick Magyar is Friday's 800 metres race something special. "We will experience a unique race, one which scarcely could be outdone. Tomorrow Maria Mutola will receive an honorary membership in Weltklasse Zürich," to which Mutola expressed her gratitude.

She continued, "Naturally it is hard to end my active career. But it is time for me to come to a decision about this. One must be realistic in life. My form is not bad, but I'll admit that I'm far from my best performances now. Now it is time for me to support the efforts of the young runners and to pass along my experiences to them."
    http://www.weltklassezuerich.ch/en/news ... aking.html

“We had a very special request from Pamela Jelimo to help her with the pacemaking,” Magyar said. “She feels it is very hard to run on her own early in the race. The problem is that the speed this lady is running at does not allow many options for pacemakers. But we found such an athlete in Svetlana Klyuka.”
    http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=47391.html

Start List

Tatyana Andrianova RUS
    Elisa Cusma Piccione ITA
    Maryam Yusuf Jamal BRN
    Pamela Jelimo KEN
    Janeth Jepkosgei KEN
    Svetlana Klyuka RUS
    Yuliya Krevsun UKR
    Nancy Jebet Lagat KEN
    Maria de Lurdes Mutola MOZ
    Marilyn Okoro GBR
    Kenia Sinclair JAM

http://www.weltklasse.ch/en/meeting/live.html?ev=wt800

1.54.01!!!!Jelimo wowwowwow. 55.8+- 1st lap.

Comment

1:54.01!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the announcer said 3rd fastest ever! OH MY GOD

Comment

Third fastest EVER!
        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

The third 200 didn't look all that convincing, but then she ran the final 200 in under 29 - that's what made the difference compared to her earlier races this year.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

She had 1,25,12 at 600m only 1/10 of Kratochvilovas WR pace...it's hers next year.
            Damn they had to use the OG 4th placer to pace her! Insane!

Comment

f*!k diby

this is greatest talent in women's athletics today !!!

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                She had 1,25,12 at 600m only 1/10 of Kratochvilovas WR pace...it's hers next year.
                Damn they had to use the OG 4th placer to pace her! Insane!
                Klyuka must been PAID for that!

Comment

A great run by Jamal to place second in under 1:58. And not a bad farewell race for Mutola, either.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

. JELIMO, Pamela KEN AR,MR,WJR 1:54.01

2. JAMAL, Maryam BRN NR 1:57.80

3. JEPKOSGEI, Janeth Busienei KEN 1:58.26

4. MUTOLA, Maria MOZ 1:58.71

5. OKORO, Marilyn GBR 1:59.03

6. ANDRIANOVA, Tatyana RUS 2:00.21

7. KREVSUN, Yulija UKR 2:00.33

8. SINCLAIR, Kenia JAM 2:03.45

9. LAGAT, Nancy Jebet

Comment

At the risk of getting flamed: I consider Jelimo to be ahead of Mutola
                      after this race. (Somewhat ironic, if this was indeed Mutola's last
                      race)

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                        The third 200 didn't look all that convincing, but then she ran the final 200 in under 29 - that's what made the difference compared to her earlier races this year.
                        exactly

the kenyan brainstrust have obviously told her to take the 3rd quarter a bit slower & reach end in 1'25-flat instead of low-1'24 & thus have more in tank for finish

btw, which cuckoo-clocker decided on putting jamal/lagat in the same lane ??? :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                          f*!k diby

this is greatest talent in women's athletics today !!!
                          and my athlete of the year
                          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by imaginative
                            race)
                            You're correct she is ahead of Mutola. By precisely 3 places in this race.

Other than that I can't imagine what you're talking about :?

Comment

Originally posted by imaginative
                              race)
                              why ?

pamela just run well over 1s faster than maria ever did & we can't accuse maria of not having enough opportunities - she's had more attempts at fast times on the circuit than i've had cold beers !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X