Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn:t this mark the 200:th sub-2.00,00 for Mutola in her historic career?

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
      Mutola’s first reaction was to glance at the clock. It was enough to tell her that she had broken two minutes for in the region of the 200th time in her career.

http://www.iaaf.org/GLE08/news/newsid=47426.html
      I would say let's give her the benefit of the doubt and mark that the 200th time. :wink:

Comment

I think Jelimo needs to break the world 800m record this season, she might break it in Reiti, Italy, the track there is suited for breaking middle distance races ...
        I think next year could be a little too late for her to break the world record or even break her own PB, the Kenyan runners are well knowen for having a perfect season or two then fade, although she is only 18, she has peaked too soon, only the Kenyans know how to peak at 18 then fade at the age of 20 ....
        I hope Jelimo proves me wrong.

Comment

they peak older than 18y - i don't recall any peaking at 18y

komen/ngeny were 20/21 at peak

she's got plenty of time...

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
            they usually peak older than 18y

komen/ngeny were 20/21 at peak

she's got plenty of time...
            I think the point I am trying to make is, the Kenyans have a vey good season or two, they win major championships medals, then they fade ! and you hardly head of them, Yes correct ,there are some exceptions, but Jelimo, using all her energy at a very tender age, surely will have a serious affect on her athletics career, meaning she will find it hard to run sub 2 minutes in a couple of years time. This is in my opinion as a middle distance coach, but then I might be wrong ...

Comment

they usually ran hard for 2 or 3 seasons made their money for farm/land back home & then tended to lose motivation

jelimo is likely to be managed differently - she is a superstar & shoud earn enough from sponshorship & appearance fees to race more sparingly rather than week in week out that other kenyans do/did

also, we do not know pamela's energy levels - this season may have not exhausted her at all

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Laps
                I think Jelimo needs to break the world 800m record this season, she might break it in Reiti, Italy, the track there is suited for breaking middle distance races ...
                I think next year could be a little too late for her to break the world record or even break her own PB, the Kenyan runners are well knowen for having a perfect season or two then fade, although she is only 18, she has peaked too soon, only the Kenyans know how to peak at 18 then fade at the age of 20 ....
                I hope Jelimo proves me wrong.
                Originally posted by croflash
                The w800 aren't scheduled in Rieti this year.

http://www.rietimeeting.com/info/results.html
                :wink:

I also disagree that next year might be too late, there would be something totally messed up if she had peaked already.

Comment

from age of 18y to 20y she may put on 2cm in height as you still have some growing to do

this will give her bigger stride & assuming her cardiovascular ability keeps pace ( shoud do ) she'll be quicker

assuming she's now ? 5"6 ( 1.68m )

if she grows to 1.70m, her 1'54.01 -> ~ (168/170)*1'54.01 =

1'52.7 !

if she just does a little bit of growing, the wr is hers

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                    Originally posted by EPelle
                    Mutola’s first reaction was to glance at the clock. It was enough to tell her that she had broken two minutes for in the region of the 200th time in her career.

http://www.iaaf.org/GLE08/news/newsid=47426.html
                    I would say let's give her the benefit of the doubt and mark that the 200th time. :wink:
                    Alas, 196 according to her Tilastopaja race history :evil:

Comment

It's definitely her 200th because there are a few races missing from the beginning of her career, even though tilastopaja have updated her data recently.
                      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Working...
                      X