Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote="az2004"]ok, price got gallaghers high school federation record...

stil, price is a promising talent...she's still 17...

oddly the soph from south dakota is 17 too, so there's a couple of decent young talents to watch...

[quote]

Per the IAAF database, the soph from SD is still 16; won't turn 17 for a few more months.

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
      Originally posted by guru
      Originally posted by tandfman
      Since this thread is (or was) about women, you might have mentioned Kratochvilova.
      Why?
      Exactly - that is quite a juxtaposition.
      Kratochvilova did win both the 400 and 800 at the first World Championships in Helsinki and she held the World Record in both of those events at that time.

Comment

Since this thread is (or was) about women, you might have mentioned Kratochvilova.
        Why?
        Kratochvilova did win both the 400 and 800 at the first World Championships in Helsinki and she held the World Record in both of those events at that time.
        I think you missed my point.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          Ruth, thank you for shedding more light on the already wonderfully crafted picture you painted of the reality of the state of affairs as they were back in Eugene (and have been for some time),.
          I missed those posts. Could you please provide a link? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Why?
            I think you missed my point.
            Not funny at all. I think someone should wash your mouth out with soap. What next, Mutola jokes?

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
              Not funny at all.

No reason it should be.

What next, Mutola jokes?

????

Comment

Why?
                It's real simple, you're saying that Kratochvilova is not a woman, no different than the vulgar punks who claim that Mutola isn't a woman. It's not funny.

Comment

It's real simple, you're saying that Kratochvilova is not a woman...
                  No.

no different than the vulgar punks who claim that Mutola isn't a woman.
                  It's highly insulting to Mutola to compare her to Kratochvilova.

It's not funny.

Ground covered.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                    Ruth, thank you for shedding more light on the already wonderfully crafted picture you painted of the reality of the state of affairs as they were back in Eugene (and have been for some time),.
                    I missed those posts. Could you please provide a link? Thanks in advance.
                    malmo, it was a combination of her open disappointment with 1.59 winning the OT - when, in 1984, three were under 2.00 - and a comment on the w-1.500m. Ruth openly questioned why there was no improvement in the 800m. She then posted again following the w-1.500m, providing more feedback on Rowbury:s win to nail the following on the head:

What remains to be seen is how she runs after running heats, and then how she holds up against the foreigners with very fast last laps. She is definitely in good hands with a great coach, so I don't want anyone to think I'm doubting her, because I'm not. There is a lot of experience yet to be gained, and there will be a lot of pressure on her as well.
                    The same held true of the w-800m runners (as well as Rowbury). None of them were able to withstand the rounds, and Rowbury lost her legs in the semi-final. Ruth:s perspective on the state of events appears to be that coaching, experience and pressure have been culprits which have come back to haunt w-800m international runners in the USA - though she didn:t identify which athletes were in question.

Comment

Why?
                      Yes, I was in Helsinki. In the Village, and on the training and warmup tracks, and in the Stadium of course.
                      Something very unnatural took place there. I am not accusing anyone of cheating, because I don't know. I am not accusing anyone of being of a different gender than they presented, because I don't know.
                      As I have suggested before, I believe there are some issues around the Male/Female divide that are either not understood or not made public, and I believe this can affect athletic performance in certain instances.
                      I do know that even the DDR athletes (many of whom were part of the state-sponsored doping program that became public later) were left in the wake of JK. And I do know that 25 years later, the performances are still mind-boggling.
                      And whoever the "vulgar punk" that brought Mutola's name into this discussion should be ashamed of him or her self.

Comment

I don't know what the current protocol is, but in 1984, we had to undergo gender testing before the Olympics. It was the cotton swab sample from the inside of the cheek. I actually have a card proving that I am a female. I don't know how much longer this practice went on, but I do know that in my day, we had to prove we were female.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruth Wysocki
                          I don't know what the current protocol is, but in 1984, we had to undergo gender testing before the Olympics. It was the cotton swab sample from the inside of the cheek. I actually have a card proving that I am a female. I don't know how much longer this practice went on, but I do know that in my day, we had to prove we were female.
                          I believe they removed gender testing in recent years, at least I have heard a report before the Olympics that there won't be such a test to compete in Beijing.

Comment

She don't look like a man to me:
                            http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/images/g ... vilova.jpg
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Yes, I was in Helsinki. In the Village, and on the training and warmup tracks, and in the Stadium of course.
                              Something very unnatural took place there.

And whoever the "vulgar punk" that brought Mutola's name into this discussion should be ashamed of him or her self.
                              And WHY exactly is it OK to question Kratochvilova's sex, but not Mutola's?
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

This is ridiculous, Kratochvilova is a woman and has had children!

Doping, on the other hand, is something else. But Kratochvilova has never failed a test, so should be viewed as clean. Otherwsie take the view that everyone was doped pre random testing...

Besides, isnt it just as freaky that a supposed 18 yr old who has never run 800 before can dominate the circuit and run very close to Kratochvilova's record...?

Comment

Working...
                                X