Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldrick
    Originally posted by ponytayne
    Isi just flashed an engagement ring at the camera while packing her bags.

Hearts crushed across the world.
    maybe for her bank balance...
    Am I correct (Powell/Bruce?) that her fiance is Igor Alekseyev, the former Belarusian pole vaulter with a 5.65 PB who switched to Russia in 2007?

Comment

Originally posted by andyjgt
      Am I correct (Powell/Bruce?) that her fiance is Igor Alekseyev, the former Belarusian pole vaulter with a 5.65 PB who switched to Russia in 2007?
      Oh I hate to be such a gossip... ops:

But no, she and Alekseev parted company at about the same time she ditched Trofimov and headed outta Volgograd for Formia. Whether or not these were completely independent events, I can't say. Her current beau is evidently an athlete named Artem (Артём) who lives in Donetsk and trains at Bubka’s facility there. I suspect that the author of the brief note currently at the top of this page on her website is the Artem in question, though based on its contents, and her response, they weren’t yet lovers in March of '06.

So what does it say about me that when she announced that she was in love with someone named Artem in Donetsk, I immediately recalled these little notes from two and a half years ago? I really need to get a life of my own. :roll: ops: :lol:

Comment

don't fret bruce

he probably looks like dolph out of rocky 4, so you weren't going to stand much of a chance :? :P

Comment

I suspect I’m just about invisible to most 26-year-olds these days, not just her.

But it’s troubling that I’m becoming such an old hen. :lol: :P

Comment

Originally posted by BruceFlorman
            Her current beau is evidently an athlete named Artem (Артём) who lives in Donetsk and trains at Bubka’s facility there.
            I thought she was going out with an Argentinian discus thrower??? :?

Comment

Well... back in the Fall of '06 she did spend some time with Jorge Balliengo during a training camp in Argentina (see http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=10015), but I guess she hasn't been telling me any more than she's been telling her mom. :? :roll:

Comment

Working...
              X