Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elcaballo

paul

i can't speak for the poles or the russians but i'm pretty sure that if anyone asked one of the aussie or brit runners to dog it in the individual, so as to save themselves for the relay, the athletes concerned would tell them to go get stuffed.
    When I look at the relay leg splits that these guys throw down and compare with their performance in the open I scratch my head in disbelief. Ill take your word for it but it seems that any guy that runs a 43.6 relay leg should have made the semifinal in the 400m (Alexeyev ran a 45.5 in his heat, missing the next round, and no other russians were entered.. hmm). Perhaps you are right, that in the anglosphere one would not do such a thing, explains Steele's performances better. Is it physically possible for a guy to have a 2 second differential between open and flying 400m runs.. I am inclined to be skeptical.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

LM in lane 3 JW in lane 4 - we'll see

Comment

JW outside LM again. hmmmmm

Comment

JW 43.82

Comment

So there about even for the year on wins, but obviously Merritt's OG puts him ahead in the rankings.

Comment

Not sure if the result is in yet (as I write this, I am at work) But I Would say LM Wins because he is inside of JW.

Comment

Wariner is back---and suddenly Merrit is weaker than expected...

Comment

Wow! I'm feeling alot better now!

Comment

Looked like the reverse of the Olympic finals..........Merritt seemed to have little left in the homestretch in this race vs. same for Wariner (although more so) in the Olympic final.

Comment

now i know why jw loses

he throws those flowers underarm like a girl !

when he throws it into the crowd lresembling randy johnson, he'll go <43 & be invincible !

Comment

Looks like this will probably end JW's streak of consecutive years with a PR.

Comment

Originally posted by 502CD
                          Looks like this will probably end JW's streak of consecutive years with a PR.
                          Hey, he has one more race to go - don't give up

Comment

but at this point a PR (or even, I dare say, a WR) almost certainly can't get him No. 1.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                              Is it physically possible for a guy to have a 2 second differential between open and flying 400m runs
                              yes it is

a flying run offers anywhere between 0.7 - 1.1s over open race ( i'd like posters to give their numbers )

on my sojourns, someone kindly posted some links which indicates drafing does exist ( i'll look for them ) & you can get 1s there if you "wami" in close enough

that'll give you your 2s

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                                but at this point a PR (or even, I dare say, a WR) almost certainly can't get him No. 1.
                                agree completely, I trust that sane minds will prevail and that one can not get a no. 1 rating finishing near 1 second behind the winner in an Oly. final... even with a WR.
                                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Working...
                                X