Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting view of the decathlon

From a nonsports message board...

...but what I saw of the decathlon, it seemed a contest to determine who was the least mediocre at the different events more than anything else.

Re: interesting view of the decathlon

Originally posted by Cooter Brown

...but what I saw of the decathlon, it seemed a contest to determine who was the least mediocre at the different events more than anything else.
    compared to the most elite OG individual event athletes, sure. But I'd really like to see that poster do ANY ONE of those events even close to what decathletes can do. Even Bryan Clay's 'sub-mediocre' 1500 was the equivalent of a 5:30 mile, which 99.99% of adults couldn't run to save their lives.

Comment

Re: interesting view of the decathlon

Originally posted by Marlow
      Originally posted by Cooter Brown

compared to the most elite OG individual event athletes, sure. But I'd really like to see that poster do ANY ONE of those events even close to what decathletes can do. Even Bryan Clay's 'sub-mediocre' 1500 was the equivalent of a 5:30 mile, which 99.99% of adults couldn't run to save their lives.
      That poster is a buffoon and we should not raise his folly by answering it. Best decathlete is still the best athlete in the world.
      ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

On the other hand, such idiocy should be exposed..

Comment

That ignorant chestnut has been in circulation for at least 48 years and it's probably time to stop giving it a forum.

Comment

Working...
          X