Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA vs Jamaica...4x1

Anyone think the USA wins that race? Who hangs with the Bolt to Powell combo? Histories two fastest 100m men hooked up in a 4x1....whoa! I just don't see it regardless of what condition Gay was in.

Maybe if you clone Tommie Smith and Bob Hayes, otherwise, no chance! :lol:

Comment

Texas, no team beats Jamaica in that 4x100m the way Jamaica ran its race. The dynamics change if the USA was entered, but JAM still comes out victorious nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
        Texas, no team beats Jamaica in that 4x100m the way Jamaica ran its race. The dynamics change if the USA was entered, but JAM still comes out victorious nevertheless.
        I know! There are some "homers" however that do believe the USA would have pulled it off. It would take an all time USA team to beat that Jama team and I'm not positive that even happens.

Comment

Even with Jamaica heavily favored it would still be a fun race to watch with Gay at 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by unclezadok
            Even with Jamaica heavily favored it would still be a fun race to watch with Gay at 100%.
            I agree on that. Feel cheated!

Comment

Originally posted by unclezadok
              It would but even in that race in Beijing Bolt never ran that leg to his best potential. I looked back on it and they (TRI) actually gained on him and he was not showing the clean form we are used to seeing around the bend. So I would say could taken off a .05 off that leg. But with a fit and explosive Tyson Gay things would be veeeery interesting.

Comment

I read that Powell said that the team is going for 36 seconds next time.

Comment

Originally posted by rogimon
                  I read that Powell said that the team is going for 36 seconds next time.
                  They can do that easily with a bit of practice. The changovers this time were REALLY safe.

Comment

With the US i w/ a healthy Gay Jamaica is pressed more and the strategy is to pass more crisply:

Probability of faster time: 65%

Probability of slower winning time: 15%

Probability of slower, losing time: 10%

Probability of dropped baton: 10%

These are probably ballpark figures: 50% chance of running 36:xx?!

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                      With the US i w/ a healthy Gay Jamaica is pressed more and the strategy is to pass more crisply:

Probability of faster time: 65%

Probability of slower, losing time: 10%

Probability of dropped baton: 10%

These are probably ballpark figures: 50% chance of running 36:xx?!
                      At Penn Relays 2007 with Tyson Gay present for the USA and both Bolt and Asafa absent, Jamaica still defeated the USA.
                      20201.jpg

Comment

Jamaica will be the first team to run sub 37.00 in the Men's 4 x100
                        20201.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X