Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obergföll 69.81m in Elstal

Crazy meet, Steffi Nerius led with 66.00m until the final round, Obergföll countered with her last attempt, 69.81m. The real stunner was still to come though, Nerius threw 68.34m, improving her PB by almost 2 meters (66.52 previously) at the age of 35. :shock:

Some other results:

PV:
    1. Richard Spiegelburg 5,70 m, 2. Tobias Scherbarth (beide TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen) 5,55 m, 3. Nico Dieckmann (LG Nord Berlin) 5,40 m

LJ:
    1. James Beckford (Jamaika) 7,51 m, 2. Mateus Parlicki (Polen) 7,48 m, 3. Kofi Amoah Prah (LG Nike Berlin) 7,37 m

SP:
    1. Nadine Kleinert (SC Magdeburg) 19,50 m, 2. Christina Schwanitz (SV Neckarsulm) 18,48 m, 3. Denise Hinrichs (TV Wattenscheid 01) 17,59 m

JT:
    1. Christina Obergföll (LG Offenburg) 69,81 m, 2. Steffi Nerius (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen) 68,34 m, 3. Franziska Krebs (SCC Berlin) 51,02 m

Nerius is actually 36. I'm really shocked by her throw because I thought she was pretty much on the downhill slope based on results this season :shock:
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
      Nerius is actually 36. I'm really shocked by her throw because I thought she was pretty much on the downhill slope based on results this season :shock:
      You are right, I took that off of the official site, but I was also confused since I thought she was 36 already. And I also thought that she was pretty much done as far as a PB goes, that came out of nowhere.

Comment

any link to full results? series an so on? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by pela2
          any link to full results? series an so on? :?:
          Not yet, I suppose the results will be online tomorrow (actually later today): http://www.leichtathletik.de/index.php?SiteID=16

Comment

I guess the motivation for Nerius is Berlin 2009!

Comment

Darn--no sign of the series for the two javlinists.

Comment

Working...
              X