Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brussels Start Lists

Anyone located any start lists for Brussels yet?

They were slow last year (i recall this as I attended and couldn't get startlists until the morning of the meet almost).

Presumably they will wait 'til after Lausanne on Tuesday.

Meet site is here: http://www.sport.be/belgacommemorialvandamme/2008/eng/

Comment

Now up.

Comment

Weather forecast -- high Friday 20C (68F), 30% possible rain Friday evening. Not the best conditions for that 100m.

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
          Now up.
          I can see that

http://www.sport.be/belgacommemorialvan ... tlijst.xls

Comment

Bolt eyes WR in Bruxelles.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/m ... index.html

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
              I don't see it, given the likely cool weather. On the other hand, we know there was some room left in that 9.69. It should be interesting.

Comment

He:s a cut above the Powell class. Powell demonstrated (for the second time) to UK folks that running a very fast 100m in undesirable conditions could be achieved. If Bolt can stay ahead of Powell - and keep his legs from getting stale, he:s got as good a shot now whilst on a hot streak.

Comment

He:s a cut above the Powell class. Powell demonstrated (for the second time) to UK folks that running a very fast 100m in undesirable conditions could be achieved. If Bolt can stay ahead of Powell - and keep his legs from getting stale, he:s got as good a shot now whilst on a hot streak.
                  And the dynamics will also be more favorable in Brussels, a large and enthusiastic crowd and a fantastic starter field. I don't think a WR is likely, but I'm not going to be surprised by anything Bolt does.

Comment

He:s a cut above the Powell class.
                    He seems to be a cut above the everyone-who-has-ever-lived class. I can't say that anything he does will surprise me, but if it's in the 15-18C range and raining, a WR would be quite remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      He seems to be a cut above the everyone-who-has-ever-lived class. I can't say that anything he does will surprise me, but if it's in the 15-18C range and raining, a WR would be quite remarkable.
                      Actually, I don't think he's far ahead of Powell in a non-championship setting. He was beaten in a close race in Stockholm. And Asafa's 9.72 is intrinsically better than anything Usain did this year outside of the OG.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                        Actually, I don't think he's far ahead of Powell in a non-championship setting. He was beaten in a close race in Stockholm. And Asafa's 9.72 is intrinsically better than anything Usain did this year outside of the OG.
                        I concur; if AP beats Bolt again (and I think that it is possible, especially since AP has run quite well in poorish conditions) he gets back to even, I think (2-2); those would be Bolts only losses. This would make AP #2 despite his Beijing failure. As gh suggested, Dix is also in the mix for an upgrade in a battle with Thompson. Gay is a 'dark horse'; he also has run well in mediocre conditions (although not with an injury) and might upset the rankings applecart, especially if he pulled a BIG surprise and won.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                          Bolt also set the new WR while not in peak shape and those 9.83 into a slight headwind in Z├╝rich right after the Olympics were also very impressive. I agree though that Asafa Powell in non-championship meets has what it takes to beat anyone, even Bolt right now.

Comment

Startlists: http://www.sport.be/belgacommemorialvan ... tlijst.xls

Comment

17 Americans in the meet....

Comment

Working...
                              X