Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kallur out of rest of the season

It's seems that Susanna Kallur will not be competing anymore this season.

no surprise maybe....

... unfortunately, not. However, I hope she is able to fully recover and get 2008 in the books. It has been a whirlwind year with many highs and lows. Time for a break and a new start next year.

Comment

That's a shame. I thought she competed far, far too much during the indoor season. I also hink she could have easily won in Beijing had she not injured so much.

Comment

Absolutely agree with Matt. She over competed indoors and paid the price. Let's hope she has learnt her lesson for next year. She's crashed out of the medals in the last two global champs now, she's starting to look like Richards and Powell..... :twisted:

Comment

Robles, on the other hand, competed just as much and it didn't slow him down in the outdoor season.

Comment

She only competed in six meets prior to WIC. Unfortunately, she had to have a trial race in many of them, thus running twice a day on three or four occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
              That's a shame. I thought she competed far, far too much during the indoor season. I also hink she could have easily won in Beijing had she not injured so much.
              Without looking at her list of races, I don't know if it was the frequency with which she raced indoors - I felt it was more the fact that she put so much focus on the indoor season. It only partly paid off as she got the 60H WR, but ultimately it also proved to be her undoing because she pulled out of the WICh and the following injuries ruined her outdoor season and her chances of Olympic gold.

Lolo Jones has performed well this year, but there's none of her results that I feel a fully-fit Kallur wouldn't be able to match. Give her a strong tailwind on a Eugene track and I reckon Kallur could clock a windy 12.2 too. And a wind-legal 12.43 certainly isn't outside of her scope.

After crashing out of Beijing, I was hoping Kallur would come out on the post-Olympic GP circuit with all guns blazing, producing a performance that was more inline with her 7.68i. But it looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see that. I just hope she skips the European Indoors.

Comment

According to some recent quote (sorry, do not remember the source) she is
                contemplating skipping the indoor season entirely in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                  Lolo Jones has performed well this year, but there's none of her results that I feel a fully-fit Kallur wouldn't be able to match. Give her a strong tailwind on a Eugene track and I reckon Kallur could clock a windy 12.2 too. And a wind-legal 12.43 certainly isn't outside of her scope.
                  & a helluva lot better than that

empirically

110m time = ~ (2.2 *60m time ) - 3.20

( robles ran 7.33 -> ~ 12.92 ( basic, no wind ), but he reckoned he was going to break wr in valencia, which means at least 7.30 -> 12.86, which is consistent with what he ran outdoors - he may have run wr in valencia )

for w60hi:

100m time = ~ (2*60m time) - 3.10

she ran 7.68 -> ~ 12.26

now, i don't think her last 40m of a 100m are as strong as her initial 60, so a little slower than that, but certainly, if she'd been fit, she shouda been looking at close to 12.30 & walk away with the title

Comment

Originally posted by imaginative
                    According to some recent quote (sorry, do not remember the source) she is
                    contemplating skipping the indoor season entirely in 2009.
                    Dagens-Nyheter reported two days ago that Kallur isn:t quite healing as planned, and has a 50% chance of not participating indoors this upcoming season. She:s undergoing unobtrusive handling for her stress fracture.

Comment

Working...
                    X