3 AKINS Tyrone 1986 USA
    4 ROBLES Dayron 1986 CUB
    5 OLIVER David 1982 USA
    6 WILSON Ryan 1980 USA
    7 PHILLIPS Richard n/c JAM
    8 VAN DER WESTEN Marcel n/c NED

wow...lane 8 guy starting the hallway! hahah poor guy

Comment

Rare false start in Lausanne. VanderWesten.

Comment

Oliver stuns Robles, looks like Robles eased up....hit last hurdle

Comment

That last race was very close between these two. This was sweet revenge for Oliver.

Comment

Nothing rare about a van der Westen false start. He clearly does it deliberately.

Comment

Wow! Robles nicked number 8 and it was enough to throw him off. Winner was Oliver in 13.02, Robles 13.11.

Photo reading taking too long. We need the Lynx crew from the US!

Comment

False starts, in general, are rare in Lausanne. Rather quick guns here. I noticed it two years ago. Hasn't changed.

TV people like that.

Comment

That's as maybe, van der Westen will always find a way ...

Comment

robles hit the last 2 hurdles, trail leg on 2nd to last, which lost him his rythm, then lead on the last hurdle, he would have been sub 13.

oliver got 13.02 and robles 13.17

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
                      robles hit the last 2 hurdles, trail leg on 2nd to last, which lost him his rythm, then lead on the last hurdle, he would have been sub 13.
                      Never mind a sub-13. He was about 2 meters ahead of Oliver. That could have been a WR!
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                        Never mind a sub-13. He was about 2 meters ahead of Oliver. That could have been a WR!
                        ??!! I was watching on JustinTV and in the replays it looked like R had half a meter on O as they approached the 8th and O was closing! {still think R would have won on the run-in). R would have been sub-13, but not by much.

Comment

they are probably going maybe 0.90s speed at the end

if it was 2m. that gives 0.18s, which subtracted from oliver's time of 13.02 -> ~ 12.84 albeit oliver always closes at the end, so it would be slower than that

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                            Originally posted by Mikewats
                            I don't think so, Oliver was catching up a little bit even before Robles stepped into the eighth hurdle. However, when Robles did, the race was over. I don't recall him stepping into a hurdle, now it's happened twice in the same race. Had he not lost his rhythm I think it could have been 12.95 at best.

Comment

Working...
                            X