2 KIRWA YEGO Alfred 1986 KEN
    3 KIPLAGAT Richard n/c KEN
    4 BUNGEI Wilfred 1980 KEN
    5 CHEPKIRWOK Abraham 1988 UGA
    6 KIPROP Asbel 1989 KEN
    6 SANG Alex n/c KEN
    7 MANSEUR Najim n/c ALG
    8 TANGUI Sammy n/c KEN

Interesting to see what Kiprop can do in the 800.

Start delayed to allow completion of trackside interview of Bolt.

Comment

1:44.71 for Absel Kiprop - what a versatile athlete he is!
      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

A quote from the m1500 thread seems suitable:

Originally posted by jeremyp
        I'd hate to be TF rankers for this event.
        Of course, Kaki had a brilliant start of the season.

Comment

Kiprop is looking very good isnt he?
          Shame he didnt get the gold in Beijing, I was pulling for him.

His loping style is a cross between Ngugi and Ereng :-)

Comment

Bungei has yet to run a fast race this year. Not that it really matters, but if he goes down as the Olympic champion with a SB of 1.44.65, it would be strange seeing the load of fast times we had this year.

Comment

Originally posted by knockout
              Kiprop is looking very good isnt he?
              Shame he didnt get the gold in Beijing, I was pulling for him.

His loping style is a cross between Ngugi and Ereng :-)
              he does need to find a bit more speed

1'44.7 is nice, but he'll need 1'44-flat to threaten ramzi

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                Bungei has yet to run a fast race this year. Not that it really matters, but if he goes down as the Olympic champion with a SB of 1.44.65, it would be strange seeing the load of fast times we had this year.
                it's just payback

he didn't desrve gold here, but did so in '04 when was 1'43.0

so he got it 4y late

Comment

Oh, please.

Comment

Why would Bungei have deserved gold in '04 over any of the other runners in the Oly final? Heck, maybe Kipketer deserved it because he has the WR. I guess Borzakovskiy cheated by kicking everyone down the last 100 meters.

Bungei "deserved" it this year because he won the race. The only disappoint for me was the fact that Kaki, Borza etc were ko'd in the heats.

Comment

Originally posted by Madd Marine
                      Bungei "deserved" it this year because he won the race. The only disappoint for me was the fact that Kaki, Borza etc were ko'd in the heats.
                      Would you rather they take the spots of more deserving athletes? Why wouldn't that disappoint you?

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
                        Originally posted by Madd Marine
                        Would you rather they take the spots of more deserving athletes? Why wouldn't that disappoint you?
                        I didn't say they - Kaki and Borzakovskiy - deserved anything. I wrote that their missing the final was a disappointment to me. Check your sights son.

Comment

Anyone knows what's up with Kaki?

Comment

Madd Marine, I:m glad you brought up Borzakovskiy. I was intending to discuss him last night (tuesday), but didn:t want to revive the Olympic 800m thread for a small point.

Front-page news (last night) had an article on Borzakovskiy. He:d gone into hiding (first plane back to Moscow following his race) and become a recluse in some ways. He attributed his lack of qualifying to not having had enough time to get over the jet lag (three rest days between flight and quarter-final), and weather. He made a similar mention in Eugene last year when he was beaten to the finish line at Pre, namely that travel got to him.

He:ll need a bit better planning next year if he:s truly intent on winning the World Championships like he suggested, but his travels from Moscow to Germany should not set him off any.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                              He attributed his lack of qualifying to not having had enough time to get over the jet lag (three rest days between flight and quarter-final), and weather..
                              Definitely not enough time to get over jet lag. At least the Amricans could stay on their home time zone without any effect at all (events that were scheduled for day time being the exclusion.)

Comment

Working...
                              X