X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay out of Brussels

Only available in French so far:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Athletisme/breves ... t_Dev.html

<< Gay a estimé qu'il n'avait rien à gagner et surtout tout à perdre en cas de nouveau pépin physique>> loosely, "Gay figures that he has nothign to win and everything to lose if he gets hurt again."

Re: Gay out of Brussels

Originally posted by gh
    Only available in French so far:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Athletisme/breves ... t_Dev.html

<< Gay a estimé qu'il n'avait rien à gagner et surtout tout à perdre en cas de nouveau pépin physique>> loosely, "Gay figures that he has nothign to win and everything to lose if he gets hurt again."
    Great!... Garry can speak French !!! :wink:
    Merde!... I suppose he can understand French slang words... :?

Comment

From the IAAF site

>>

UPDATE 19:45hrs (GMT +2hrs) - Tyson Gay has informed the meeting organisers in the last few minutes that he will NOT run tomorrow, as he is not yet fully recovered from his hamstring injury, and does not want to risk further injury in the cold conditions forecast for Friday.

<<

Comment

gh is Canadian
        why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

He just got cold feet knowing that he is nowhere in the shape to beat Bolt or Powell. Not that I don't feel with him, but he has known that ever since the Olympics. The conditions can't be a factor since he has also run under similar circumstances in Gateshead last weekend. Not sure why he was entered to begin with, he couldn't expect a miraculous healing.

Comment

He'll have to wait for the next WC's, where we know he can beat Asafa for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
              gh is Canadian
              gh learned to speak French at the Berlitz school in Palo Alto, California!

Comment

Most t&f fans understand a bit of more than one single language

Comment

Originally posted by observer2
                  Most t&f fans understand a bit of more than one single language
                  Yes, but the one that many appear to have mastered is gobbledygook.

Comment

I imagined more along the lines of skipping the Olympic 4x100m prelim and final if his hamstring wasn:t at 100%. His blog has no entry since his 100m semi-final, but he did state then: "If I had just one more week, I wonder what would have happened."

He:s had a few more weeks, but the weather apparently has knocked him out of tomorrow:s matchup of the three-fastest men in history.

Yep.

Comment

I can't fault him. Powell has been running extremely fast without pressure of OG and Bolt has been effortlessly running fast times. I skip to if I wasn't 100% in game shape too.

Comment

Re: Gay out of Brussels

Originally posted by 79.
                        Merde!... I suppose he can understand French slang words... :?
                        Everyone understands merde Even us mono (sorta) lingual slobs.

Comment

aren't all canadians bi-lingual...english and french??

Comment

hey, maybe Gay didn't want to come to Brussels because he was afraid of their sprouts.

Comment

Originally posted by skyin' brian
                              hey, maybe Gay didn't want to come to Brussels because he was afraid of their sprouts.
                              There's a joke in there about needing all the wind assistance he can get to beat Bolt, but I'll pass on that ... :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X