Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. The time doesn't adjust to anything. It is what it is.

Comment

It was a better race (or closer, which in my book is usually better) than the 9.69. The two fastest in history duking it out like that. Whether you adjust it or not, that's the best 100m race I've seen this year.

Comment

Best mark for place for Asafa?

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
          If you were watching the on-line feed, you'd have heard the announcers saying the same thing.
          Good for you, they drink from the same koolaid bin. It doesn't change the result.

Of course he'd have run faster with a tailwind on a downhill track and a perfect start and a warm humid day with a lifetime's supply of chicken mcnuggets at stake - but it wasn't and he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by skyin' brian
            Yes, by 0,01. Previous: Surin, 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
              Originally posted by skyin' brian
              Yes, by 0,01. Previous: Surin, 1999.
              and gay 2006

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
                Totally agree. This was a great race (fast time, come-from-behind win) but not the greatest 100m ever.

Comment

you have a one track mind. 9.69 is still the world's greatest 100m.
                  Fastest and greatest aren't the same thing.
                  Or do you think Geoffrey Rono's 3:32.55, which gave him 6th place at the Rome GL was a greater run than Jim Ryun's WR?
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

It must be hard going through life as a literalist. There's so much more to life than black and white - I fear you're missing it.

Was Ron Clarke a nobody from nowhere because he ran so much slower than today's distance runners? Abebe Bikila? Zatopek? Nurmi? Jesse Owens? It is what it is, isn't it?

Comment

Bolt ends the season with a top-10 average of 9,82 and 10 races under 10,00. Bolt is tied with Jon Drummond for lifetime sub-10 at 10.

Comment

Alas, Bolt broke another record today: Fastest to 10 sub-10,00 clockings in his career: 4 months 2 days. Previous best was Powell:s 10m 25d.

Comment

with a lifetime's supply of chicken mcnuggets at stake
                          He's probably already been promised that !

If not, McDonalds ought to come up with some deal like Titleist did for legendary golfer Moe Norman

http://www.moenormangolfacademy.org/moe ... ory-4.aspx

Uihlein then told Norman that Titleist would like to pay him $5,000 a month for the rest of his life.

"Moe looked kind of funny," Kuykendall says. "He took a step backward and said, 'I've played your balls all my life. I've played your balls all my life. What do I have to do for that money?' And Mr. Uihlein said, 'You don't have to do anything. You've already done it. We just want to thank you for what you've already done.'

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                            you have a one track mind. 9.69 is still the world's greatest 100m.
                            Fastest and greatest aren't the same thing.
                            Or do you think Geoffrey Rono's 3:32.55, which gave him 6th place at the Rome GL was a greater run than Jim Ryun's WR?
                            You're comparing apples to oranges in so many ways it's silly. A race on a dirt track in the non professional era vs now? PUL-LEEEZE.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              It must be hard going through life as a literalist.
                              Not a literalist, a realist. It beats the hell out of your postmodernist nonsense every day of the week,

Comment

You're comparing apples to oranges in so many ways it's silly. A race on a dirt track in the non professional era vs now? PUL-LEEEZE.
                                and so . . .running at 2000m elevation with a 2.0 wind on a warm humid day is EXACTLY the same as sea-level, -2.0 wind on a cold rainy day. That's apples and apples? OK, I get it now - thanks!

P.S. if I run on a dirt track and don't get paid, my time IS indeed magically adjusted? Oh good. What is the conversion factor?

Comment

Working...
                                X