Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fez
    Great race. This is what the Olympic 100m should have looked like between Powell and Bolt.
    And it's because it wasn't the Olympics that this was a close...r race.

Comment

I enjoy it for what it is and not what it could/should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by malmo
        You're comparing apples to oranges in so many ways it's silly. A race on a dirt track in the non professional era vs now? PUL-LEEEZE.
        and so . . .running at 2000m elevation with a 2.0 wind on a warm humid day is EXACTLY the same as sea-level, -2.0 wind on a cold rainy day. That's apples and apples? OK, I get it now - thanks!
        The timing devises work exactly the same at both venues.

Reaction time is far more important to results and I don't see you "converting" for that do I?

Hitting a hurdle is more important, as well, and I don't see you converting for that either, do I? .... strike that comment, you actually do rewrite results for hitting hurdles, and jump bars.

Comment

P.S. if I run on a dirt track and don't get paid, my time IS indeed magically adjusted? Oh good. What is the conversion factor?
          You're the one who subscribes to conversion factors - I don't.

Comment

is this the most sub 9.80 in one season? 4

Comment

malmo,
              You are right. ( :shock: ) 9.69 is the fastest time ever run under 'legal' conditions.
              If I may be so bold to ask you this question. Is it possible that the 9.69 is NOT the most impressive performance ever in the 100? If someone ran 9.69 on a dirt track, would that impress you more than Bolt's 9.69? What if Gay ran a 9.69 on a cold, rainy day into a 2.0 headwind? Would that be merely AS impressive as Bolt's 9.69? Just wondering.

Comment

Why are you vandalizing yet another thread with your childish nonsense?

Of course I'd be impressed with athletes who did what you said. I'd be impressed with them if they ran much slower than your idiotic scenarios.

I'm most impressed by a WR in an Olympic final, period. There is no greater achievement in track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                  Did I see that the temperature is 17, as well? Wow -- perhaps the greatest 100m of all time there.
                  Just amazing how Powell can perform when not under pressure. So what does it convert too in basic? I know malmo, just humour me, I'm not trolling.

Comment

malmo,
                    You are right. ( :shock: ) 9.69 is the fastest time ever run under 'legal' conditions.
                    If I may be so bold to ask you this question. Is it possible that the 9.69 is NOT the most impressive performance ever in the 100? If someone ran 9.69 on a dirt track, would that impress you more than Bolt's 9.69? What if Gay ran a 9.69 on a cold, rainy day into a 2.0 headwind? Would that be merely AS impressive as Bolt's 9.69? Just wondering.
                    I'm not malmo, but... please re-watch Bolt's 9.69. What actual 100 meter performance would you even suggest for the sake of discussion was more impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                      Originally posted by JRM
                      Did I see that the temperature is 17, as well? Wow -- perhaps the greatest 100m of all time there.
                      Just amazing how Powell can perform when not under pressure. So what does it convert too in basic? I know malmo, just humour me, I'm not trolling.

Comment

Reaction time is far more important to results and I don't see you "converting" for that do I?
                        Well, it is interesting that Bolt's reaction time in the Beijing 100 final was .165 and here it was .223, which is a difference of .058 sec, which of course would bring his 9.77 here down close to 9.71, or certainly 9.72, but this is only food for thought, and with the compromised nature of food, at least according to MattM, even this is causing me to gag...

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                          Originally posted by JRM
                          Just saw JRM's post, I missed it first time through.

So is your estimate a recurring decimal or an irrational number? I just hate it when that happens. I always run out of ink on my printer. 8-)

Comment

I'm most impressed by a WR in an Olympic final, period. There is no greater achievement in track and field.
                            Me too. It is the absolute pinnacle of athletic achievement. Comparing this race to Beijing in terms of greatness is ridiculous.

Comment

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 10582097494458920781640628686280348253421170769
                              sorry couldn't resist
                              why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                                Me too. It is the absolute pinnacle of athletic achievement. Comparing this race to Beijing in terms of greatness is ridiculous.
                                Especially given the margin of victory.

Comment

Working...
                                X