• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    stallion

• stallion
    replied
    Originally posted by triple50
    Feeling a little tired from all this action I am now relaxing in a tub of milk listening to 50 cent.
    Well, I sure hope you made it half and half in honor of fitty.

Leave a comment:

• joeltetreault

• joeltetreault
    replied
    Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
    I enjoy it for what it is and not what it could/should have been.
    Just my personal opinion - I enjoy it on both levels (and have nothing wrong with people enjoying these types of performances at either level). By itself, runs like Bolt's are great because they are the fastest ever, and also in the pressure cooker that is in the Olympics. But I also enjoy the "what if/what could have been" aspect because performances like Bolt's naturally make you wonder what really are the limits of human performance, or of a certain athlete. If Bolt had to run hard through the line and lean to get 9.69, I think people would still be excited since he was the first one to break 9.70, but not as excited and amazed and buzzed as the performance he actually did turn in. Other examples that come to mind (for me) are ElG's 3000, Morceli's 1994 5000m, or some of Isi's pre-Oly vaults this year where she had major clearance. Anyway, just my two cents...

Leave a comment:

• triple50

• triple50
    replied
    Originally posted by stallion
    I love farting!!!!
    You must be quite accomplished.
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Albert Schweitzer

The taco flew by me at such an amazing speed! Fast enough to make me stop painting my picture of Jerusalem! Inspired to go for a run I turned on youtube to watch Usain Bolt run an amazing race in the rain. Ecstatic, I grabbed 10 rubber plates and glued them to the ceiling. Feeling a little tired from all this action I am now relaxing in a tub of milk listening to 50 cent.

Leave a comment:

• stallion

• stallion
    replied
    I love farting!!!!
    You must be quite accomplished.
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Albert Schweitzer

Leave a comment:

• triple50

• triple50
    replied
    I love farting!!!!

Leave a comment:

• malmo

• malmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by malmo
    Why are you vandalizing yet another thread with your childish nonsense?
    Someday you'll understand what this message board is about. Someday.
    Tracknut - 35 million posts and counting. It's all about YOU, I get it.

Leave a comment:

• malmo

• malmo
    replied
    Originally posted by cullman
    Originally posted by skyin' brian
    This may have been a greater race (Bolt/Powell taken into account together); Beijing was for sure a greater performance by Bolt for reasons stated above.
    The bigger the stage, the greater the race. The Olympics is the big schmenge that made Usain Bolt immortal...not Brussels.
    The entire purpose of the Olympic Games is to crown the worlds fastest human. All other events are afterthoughts, there to make the entire spectacle cost effective.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow

• Marlow
    replied
    Why are you vandalizing yet another thread with your childish nonsense?
    Someday you'll understand what this message board is about. Someday.

Leave a comment:

• malmo

• malmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    So is your estimate a recurring decimal or an irrational number? I just hate it when that happens. I always run out of ink on my printer. 8-)
    My cousin Vinny and his 4 friends on the other side of the track recorded the race on their cell phones. After downloading the videos and taking screen shots and adjusting for nebulous 'parallax' issues (for me to know and you to find out), we concluded with certainty down to 21 decimal places that Bolts time "wudda been" 9.212546358523568566654, according to the ' if ifs and buts were fudge and nuts' corollary.

Anyone who disagrees with me, or dismisses my endless grammar school analogies, is taking all of the fun out of the sport.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon18

• Gordon18
    replied
    id love to see bolts splits. he must have not decelerated much in this race

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo

• BCBaroo
    replied
    Watch out for the Bobsled team in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• cullman

• cullman
    replied
    Originally posted by skyin' brian
    This may have been a greater race (Bolt/Powell taken into account together); Beijing was for sure a greater performance by Bolt for reasons stated above.
    The bigger the stage, the greater the race. The Olympics is the big schmenge that made Usain Bolt immortal...not Brussels.

cman

Leave a comment:

• croflash

• croflash
    replied
    Originally posted by eldrick
    Originally posted by croflash
    If we always had good, better or even perfect conditions it would be pretty boring.
    but it woud remove a lot of doubt from performances
    Which would make your calculator needless and you can't really aspire to that. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• eldrick

• eldrick
    replied
    Originally posted by croflash
    If we always had good, better or even perfect conditions it would be pretty boring.
    but it woud remove a lot of doubt from performances

Leave a comment:

• croflash

• croflash
    replied
    I agree with malmo, winning the Olympic Final with a WR is the biggest accomplishment and more impressive. Adjusting times to wind, altitude and conditions is fine, at the end of the day 9.69 is still the WR and will be until someone breaks it. If we always had good, better or even perfect conditions it would be pretty boring.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X