Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone recall the time for the last 400 ?

Comment

62s

Comment

I feel very sad that Defar is not Defar lately. Something is wrong. She is every bit as talented as Baby Face. These two Ethiopian giants will make great drama like Ali and Frazer if both are right..
        phsstt!

Comment

i'd even go so far as to say defar is a better talent over 5k

if someone can dig up the splits for their 14'11 & 14'12 & post them together, it shows defar came from a virtually impossible position to almost get the wr

Comment

Originally posted by croflash

It was like Defar didn't have that last superkick she and Dibaba usually use at around 100-200 meters to go.

Comment

Originally posted by lapsus
              Originally posted by croflash

It was like Defar didn't have that last superkick she and Dibaba usually use at around 100-200 meters to go.
              Defar definitely doesn't seem at a hundred percent right now, although 14:25 is nothing to sneeze at either. However, that also indicates that the current WR could still be lowered by a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                i'd even go so far as to say defar is a better talent over 5k

if someone can dig up the splits for their 14'11 & 14'12 & post them together, it shows defar came from a virtually impossible position to almost get the wr
                All this is from memory, can't find the races and didn't note the splits.

Dibaba didn't have as good pacing as Defar had in her race so Dibaba was a few seconds behind Defar at 2k. On the other hand Dibaba got some decent help from her sister for about 600m after those 2k while Defar was alone. In the third and fourth km Defar lost some time which put her a few seconds behind Dibaba at some point. That gap was as I remember it about the same when she crossed the finish line.

Defar had a 60s last lap which made her effort look really impressive but Dibaba ran her last two laps in 65s and 63s so their finishes were about equal but Defars looked more dramatic.

Edit: Dibaba going for home from 800m out also increased the gap during the second to last lap and made it look like Defar was hopelessly behind going in to the last lap.

Comment

i tend to boil it down to km splits & at what point they had to run it solo

Comment

Working...
                  X