Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End-of-season burnout? (I'm referring to the posters)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End-of-season burnout? (I'm referring to the posters)

At the end of the season, the athletes are tired, getting stale, the wheels are coming off, they're testy, ready for some downtime, probably wake up grumpy a lot, could use a good massage and a stiff drink. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice a bit of the same here on the Board?

Re: End-of-season burnout? (I'm referring to the posters)

Originally posted by DrJay
    At the end of the season, the athletes are tired, getting stale, the wheels are coming off, they're testy, ready for some downtime, probably wake up grumpy a lot, could use a good massage and a stiff drink. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice a bit of the same here on the Board?
    I'm tanned, rested and ready . . . as always.

Comment

Probaby because I was gone for close to a week . . .

Comment

I'm with Mies: Less is More.

Comment

I've noticed it too. I lurk here a lot but there hasn't been much of interest since Beijing finished.

Comment

Definitely have noticed-thanks for bringing it up.
            Fights about stupid, inconsequential stuff, more conversions and formulas that mean ZERO, more nitpicking, less jokes. (Come on SQUACK that's your job :twisted: )

I know my own interest in the last few meets has been half hearted and my enthusiasm for the board is waning too as you have to wade through so much crap right now.

Hasn't it all been said before by all of us? :lol: :lol:

Thank God the sport has so many different events though-imagine if all we talked about was the 1600.......

oh wait a minute.......

Comment

I'm sure the excitement-fest that is the World Athletics Finals will reinvogorate us all... note to all: this should be read with enormous dollops of sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729
                I've noticed it too. I lurk here a lot but there hasn't been much of interest since Beijing finished.
                Yes, except for the Bruxelles 100.

Such a relief to watch Serena / Jankovic Sunday night.

Comment

Season:s end for most posters. Just the beginning for others, who don:t appear to ever sleep and have waited six months to pounce on every opportunity available to be contrary. They rationalise their behaviours by accepting the suggested values calculators provide them rather than the actual value real posters do, resulting in "stoopidity". Caution: keep stiff drinks away from such folks, because it will get more stuffy if they ever drink and write.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                    Season:s end for most posters. Just the beginning for others, who don:t appear to ever sleep and have waited six months to pounce on every opportunity available to be contrary. They rationalise their behaviours by accepting the suggested values calculators provide them rather than the actual value real posters do, resulting in "stoopidity". Caution: keep stiff drinks away from such folks, because it will get more stuffy if they ever drink and write.
                    Give it a rest. Eldrick is right and you are wrong.

Comment

Funny. Could be funnier, but, given the source, it is what it is, and isn:t what it isn:t.

Right and wrong...how sad that this place has come to such a state. I didn:t realise I was in a competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
                        Originally posted by bambam1729
                        Yes, except for the Bruxelles 100.

Such a relief to watch Serena / Jankovic Sunday night.
                        Yes, wholeheartedly agree. Athletics is playing second fiddle to the US Open at the moment.
                        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Yes, this place is about has lively as a dinner of road kill with a tumble weed side dish. And now we are turning on ourselves.......BUT what can save this Titanic full of track loving zombies?

Cross freaking Country! Its scenic..its exciting and the athletes get mud on em.
                          phsstt!

Comment

Unfortunately, it does feel like people are waiting to pounce on so much that is said around here. The tone does feel like it's changed. Instead of just a bunch of fans talking about track in an informal environment as though we were sitting in a living room chatting, it feels like many are waiting to tell you how wrong you are for your thoughts. And not always in a very welcoming way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden
                              And not always in a very welcoming way.
                              And yet there IS a core cadre of posters who remain upbeat and welcoming. Thanks to them!

Comment

Working...
                              X