End-of-season burnout? (I'm referring to the posters)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dukehjsteve
    • Oct 2005
    • Fishers, IN

I'm now leaving to go play golf....

Comment

• Marlow
      • Jan 2008
      • Back on my 3-month hiatus!

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
      excellent.
      I'm already into soccer season. The mighty, mighty Under-6 Tigers won their season opener!

Comment

• 26mi235
        • Oct 2005
        • Madison, WI

Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        excellent.
        I'm already into soccer season. The mighty, mighty Under-6 Tigers won their season opener!
        I caught the end of the (U-23) match between England and Portugal. There was pretty good play in a Wembley downpour; it ended 2-0 England but might have been 5-0 as there were several great plays near the end by the English guys.

Comment

• mike renfro
          • Oct 2005
          • San Diego

Originally posted by kuha
          I'm with Mies: Less is More.
          Nope, Mies had it wrong: More is More. And never enough Actually, this weekend ought be kinda cool. Talance and Stuttgart. I guess a few Asian season enders and then catch up on yard work time. Oh, NFL started too. Busy, busy, busy.

Comment

• kuha
            • Oct 2005
            • 3rd row, on the finish line

Originally posted by mike renfro
            Originally posted by kuha
            I'm with Mies: Less is More.
            Nope, Mies had it wrong: More is More. And never enough Actually, this weekend ought be kinda cool. Talance and Stuttgart. I guess a few Asian season enders and then catch up on yard work time. Oh, NFL started too. Busy, busy, busy.
            The conversation (and my comment) was about board chatter, not actual athletic competition...

Comment

• lonewolf
              • Oct 2005
              • Indian Territory

I was forced to face my priorities this past Saturday when I passed on attending OSU 56 Houston 37 home opener in favor of 7 year old grandson's soccer game.
              I am please to report that the X-Men, undefeated in their first two seasons, opened their third season with a 6-3 win over the Scorpions.
              Anyone who thinks 5-6-7 year olds care more about the post game snacks than the score have not watched eight little boys build a 23-0 record, scrapping from two goals down late in the final game last season.
              Interestingly, to me at least, this team was assembled from leftovers after the other seven teams in this suburban league chose up sides. They come from all over this rather large (aerially) city. Only two attend the same school. Six of the original eight are still on the team. One moved away and one opted for (real) football this year. None are especially talented but they have a coach who praises them, actually teaches strategy and practices about as much discipline in playing their position as you can expect from this age group.
              I am not sure who will be more upset about their inevitable first loss, the kids or the parents. Or the grandparent.

Comment

• Marlow
                • Jan 2008
                • Back on my 3-month hiatus!

Originally posted by lonewolf
                I am not sure who will be more upset about their inevitable first loss, the kids or the parents. Or the grandparent.
                You are sooooo Old School. EVERY one who's ANY one knows you can't place that much emphasis on winning at this age level. It will warp their little egos with irreversible self-image problems later in life! Win? Lose? Everybody gets a trophy! Yippee!

Comment

• Jaack
                  • Mar 2006
                  • Dublin, Ireland

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                  Yes, this place is about has lively as a dinner of road kill with a tumble weed side dish. And now we are turning on ourselves.......BUT what can save this Titanic full of track loving zombies?

Cross freaking Country! Its scenic..its exciting and the athletes get mud on em.
                  They also break their legs and crawl accross the line for the sake of the Highschool team! :?
                  :wink:

I actually love cross, but I remember there was a total of 3 posts on the European Cross Country champs last year, so the interest seems to be minimal or limited to NCAA's?

Comment

• Seeksreal
                    • Dec 2006
                    • Los Angeles, CA

I was going to type a response, but my fingers are getting a bit stiff and mentally I'm just not quite there... :lol:

Comment

• tandfman
                      • Oct 2005

I am please to report that the X-Men, undefeated in their first two seasons, opened their third season with a 6-3 win over the Scorpions.
                      How fast can these X-Men run the 200? And do they carry concealed weapons?

Comment

• lonewolf
                        • Oct 2005
                        • Indian Territory

Originally posted by tandfman
                        How fast can these X-Men run the 200? And do they carry concealed weapons?
                        Since they are all about 4 feet tall and weigh about 50 pounds, I don't think they have reached full potential in the 200 but they do run an incredible number of 50 yd full speed sprints up and down the field in an hour.
                        They leave their weapons in the car under their booster seats, trusting enough daddys on the sideline are packing for adequate protection.

Comment

• Daisy
                          • Oct 2005

So are the parents of the other teams scheming to ban the X-men from their league so their kids self esteem can be rekindled? At least they are being beaten by a bunch of mutant super hero's. No shame in that.

Comment

• lonewolf
                            • Oct 2005
                            • Indian Territory

Originally posted by Daisy
                            So are the parents of the other teams scheming to ban the X-men from their league so their kids self esteem can be rekindled? At least they are being beaten by a bunch of mutant super hero's. No shame in that.
                            Nope, they just make them play four against five when they get too far ahead.
                            Doesn't seem to make much difference.

Comment

• Daisy
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Daisy
                              Nope, they just make them play four against five when they get too far ahead.
                              Doesn't seem to make much difference.
                              My son plays four on four games and when a team does not have their act together it could be one on four and it would not help. Some teams have defensive holes so large that no handicap can help them. I smile when i see the kids tackling their own team mates. At least they all have fun.

Comment

• BCBaroo
                                • Oct 2005

I agree with the burnout. In fact, I really only popped in to the forum out of blind habit. Not really expecting anything. I feel like it's almost time to say goodbye for a while...

Well, at least until the big high school cross country meets...

Comment

Working...
                                X